EAP 245 Connection Speed Slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-16 07:47:01

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and bought 3 TP-Link EAP 245 units. Installation and configuration everything was okay. But one thing not sure everytime I connect to them it shows speed sometimes 130mbps, sometimes 768mbps, sometimes 900, sometimes 528mbps on my Samsung Note 9 Wi-fi.

any idea why it shows different?

Thanks in advance and I have attached a screenshot as well for better understanding.

File:
speed.jpgDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP 245 Connection Speed Slow
2018-12-17 09:38:05

Hi,

The speed is related with many factors. The larger the distance between the client devices and EAP is, the lower the speed is. Meanwhile, the wireless environment also has a large imfluence on the speed of the client. Besides, it is also related with the number of the client devices.

Hope this can help you!

Options
Re:Re:EAP 245 Connection Speed Slow
2018-12-17 11:51:42

I totally understood my friend, with same location, same crowd with UNQUITI UniFi AP old version 2.4 Ghz 300mbps controller connect better than the EAP245, and this is what making me nervous that, did I do mistak by upgrading to TP-Link?

Options
Re:Re:Re:EAP 245 Connection Speed Slow
2018-12-17 12:59:48

@BanglaShoppers Take it easy. We will handle it. Did you use the speedtest to test the real throughput? Based on our test result, Omada's performance is better than Unifi. Anyway, we will check if it is a interface bug. If so, we will fix it. 

TP-Link Employee
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP 245 Connection Speed Slow
2018-12-19 06:20:49
Dear Gary, I will be patient no problem, I have trust on you guys. Speed test too much fluctuate on 2.4ghz but 5ghz seems to be just fine. I have checked channels, signals everything and interesting part is this is the first thing I have found 5Ghz signal range is almost triple than the 2.4ghz. I have always heard 2.4 Ghz is longer in range than 5Ghz. But here in my case it is totally opposite. I would like to mention you that, in Bangladesh all houses are made with Bricks and Cement Plasters inside and outside both walls are like that.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:EAP 245 Connection Speed Slow
2020-05-03 15:51:47

@BanglaShoppers 

I'm wondering if you received a solution for this. I am having the exact same problem but no bricks walls.

Thank you in advance your help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3206

Replies: 5

Related Articles