Unable to access EAP Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-14 10:12:30
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I've just purchased the EAP225 outdoor and had it originally configured to use Facebook to login, but something went wrong, so I have reset bnoth the POE and EAP, but unable now to access the EAP Cpontroller to restart the configuration. 

When I try to log in I get a mesaage unknown username to my email, so when I try to reset the email I get the message below. Help.... can't move forward....  (PS new to using TP-link so bear with me) 

Thanks

Gerry

Options
11 Reply
Re:Unable to access EAP Controller
2019-04-14 14:15:39

Hi DigitalGerry,

From the screenshot we cna know that you forget the username and password of the Omada Controller, so you can't login to the managemnet of the Controller, and you want to re-config the password via the email. But the Controller tell you Email server is not set. 

Please note that if you want to use the "forget password", you should config the Mail Server first on the Controller Settings ----> General Settings, for how to config the Mail server, you can refer to page 124 of the following website:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201903/20190319/1910012506_Omada%20Controller%20Software%203.1.4_UG.pdf

By the way, if you want to manage the EAP225-outdoor by the Omada Controller, you can do it as the following steps:

1) Connect the EAP225-outdoor and the Controller host to a switch or a router;

2) Run the Omada Controller and you will see the EAP225-outdoor in the pending list;

3) Adopt the Omada Controller(the default username and password is admin/admin, if you forget it, you can reset the EAP225-outdoor then the EAP225-outdoor will be adopted by the Controller);

4) Config the Facebook portal on the Controller, then these configuration will be issued to the EAP.

Options
Re:Re:Unable to access EAP Controller
2019-04-18 16:47:29

Forrest

Thank you for this, but I have run it (I assume you mean run the software rtaher than re-install it? ) but i get the log-in screen. ...... I can;t get further

Options
Re:Re:Re:Unable to access EAP Controller
2019-04-19 13:53:52

Hi,

It is clearly that you forgot the username and password of the Controller. Here is a faq you can refer:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/867/

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Unable to access EAP Controller
2019-04-21 08:14:06

Clearly, I have, but clearly, the system isn't wokring. I am NOT able to get past the screenshot I sent, no reset password comes back. 

Is there a way I can START again, with a different email as this is not getting any further. 

How do I set up the EAP as a new user, as I can;t remember?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Unable to access EAP Controller
2019-04-22 02:56:24

Hi Gerry,

If you previously linked the local controller to the cloud (omada.tplinkcloud.com) you can use the cloud to login to your local controller and change the password.

If the controller has not been linked to your cloud account and you did not previously setup email server setttings for the controller,

the only way of resetting the password will be a re-installation of the software (remove the software and install it from scratch again).

Hope this helps.

Kris

Options
2019-05-25 06:32:25
Dear all - with support from TP-LINK there were several issues contributing to my problem 1: I was not accessing correctly, and using my emial not my user ID 2: I also noted my second problem was that when I used the Omaha contrller, once the machine power was off, it would not stay established. they advised i get the OC200
Options
2019-05-25 09:39:41 - last edited 2019-05-25 09:40:56

If you are running the software version of the controller the machine running it needs to be on all the time. So yes if you want cloud control etc the OC200 is probably a better option. However unless you have multiple EAP and really need the features of the controller (mesh, fast roaming etc) then u can use the EAP in standalone mode. No need for controller software or OC200

EDIT not sure if u can configure Facebook login on standalone mode so looks like OC200 is the way forward. 

Options
2019-06-12 11:40:13

All I have resolved this by purchasing an OC200 :-) Thanks to everyone

Options
2019-06-26 13:46:38
Me again, so I;ve bought an OC200, that didn;t wok as I didnt have a POE Switch, I now have a POE witch, BUT NOW I Can;t configure the portal to facebook, there is no options to select facebook or anything, anyone know what I/m doing wrong?
Options
2019-06-26 14:10:29

From OC200 select 'Wireless Control' (pop up bar, bottom of the page), you should have an option in there for 'Portal'

Select 'Add a New Portal'

Ensure you have the latest firmware on OC200 and eap before setting it up. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 12817

Replies: 11

Related Articles