TP-Link as router after default required ISP Router (OpenVPN/Portforward)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-15 11:15:24 - last edited 2019-06-15 11:16:39

Model: Archer C2600

Hardware Version: V1

Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20170306 Rel. 44838

Hi I recieved a new fibermodem after the old one broke. The old one didn't had a router so I bought one, now my modem has been replaced it has a fiber cable with goes into the required router delivered by my ISP that I'm required to use because of TV. I still wanted to use my TP-Link router because of features one of them is openvpn. I already notice that the internet ip is the local ip that my isp router has assigned to it. I think that is the reason why my openvpn doesn't work anymore. I also cant portforward anymore. I portforward my TPLink and my isp router. I tried in my isp router both the ip assigned to the router and tplink router ip (there are both in different pools that I cant change because of lan ip and ip pool cant be in the same subnet it says ). Cant I use the tp router with portforward and do I need to buy a raspberry pi or something and connect it to my isp router?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link as router after default required ISP Router (OpenVPN/Portforward)
2019-06-17 06:16:08

Hi,

You mentioned that the IP address of the C2600 is an internal IP address, that seems to be the root cause.

To make the port forwarding work, you need open the port for the C2600 on the main router which has the public IP address, except do it on C2600; 

So does Openvpn. You can give it a go to test whether it works. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 744

Replies: 1

Related Articles