Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-26 20:15:25

In the Omada Controller software, from Controller Settings > User Account > Edit User, I'm unable to edit the UserName (that is, the field is disabled for editing) of the sole administrator account I created when first configuring the software.

If I create a second administrator, log out, and log into that new account, I'm still unable to to edit the UserName for the original account.

And after doing that, there's no delete button (trashcan icon) for the original account, either, so I can't migrate to a new administrator account with the correct name as a way of getting around this without leaving the original administrator account active.

I don't have Cloud Access turned on right now, nor can I think of anything else to which the original administrator UserName might be bound, as justification for not being able to edit it.

Hopefully, I'm missing something obvious. Any thoughts on what I can do to get around this? Thanks for any help!

Options
7 Reply
Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2019-07-29 08:37:08

Hello,

We can edit the site and password, please refer to the following picture:

From your description, we can know that when you login again using your second account, you cannot delete the user. Because these user's priority is different. Administrator can create and delete users in all sites. Operator and Observer cannot delete user account.

Here is a faq about user account:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/893/

Options
Re:Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2019-07-29 15:38:57

From your description, we can know that when you login again using your second account, you cannot delete the user. Because these user's priority is different. Administrator can create and delete users in all sites. Operator and Observer cannot delete user account. 

Thank you for your response, but the second account I created is an Administrator.

And when I log in as that second Administrator, that account can only delete itself:

And when I then try to edit the original Administrator account, I can't change the UserName or the Role:

Am I misunderstanding something? Or is the software not working correctly?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2019-07-30 06:14:48

Hello,

Let me explain the user account to you. 

Normally when we install the Omada Controller first, we will create an account to login to the Omada Controller, just name it as admin, hte priority is Administrator, we cannot change the username and role, we can only change the password.

When we login to the Omada Controller, we can create another role, we can set the role as Administrator, username is tplink, then we can user the "tplink" to login to the Omada Controller. Normally we can change the password of the "admin" account and "tplink" account, but we cannot delete "admin" account. "admin" account has the highest priority and he can create/change/delete other roles. 

So the software work normally. By the way, we recommend you to upgrade the software to the latest version, we will add some new features and fix some bugs in each version of software.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2019-07-30 13:27:48

So, as to my question about how to change the UserName of my administrator account...the answer is "you can't"?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2019-07-31 01:02:55

The username of the Administrator is defined when we first run the Omada Controller after we install it. If you want to change it, you need to reinstall the Omada Controller. 

Why do you want to change the name of the Administrator role? What's the demands? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2019-07-31 13:48:48

I used my name as the initial administrator login, but don't want my name associated with the installation going forward.

This limitation is a little odd--in my mind, if there's a case for naming an account, then there's a case for renaming an account.

At any rate, I backed up the configuration, reinstalled the software, created an account with the new name, and all is now well.

Options
Re:Can't change administrator UserName in Omada Controller software
2021-03-12 22:03:29

@forrest 

please ad an option o delete the log in page. its a hasle to just go back home to log in omada everytime powers back on

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4356

Replies: 7

Related Articles