EAP110-Outdoor - Does it require a LAN connection plugged in all the time?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-30 11:30:33
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Just purchased the EAP110 to extend my wireless network outside further. There is a Passive POE adapter that I can plug in an outdoor outlet and run the CAT5e Shielded cable to the device. Problem is, after connecting the LAN on the POE adapter to configure the EAP110, once you remove the LAN cable, the EAP110 is no longer trying to connect to the router DHCP to get an address for wireless. My devices can see the EAP SSID, but can't establish an internet connection. 

Am I missing something or did I purchase a product that requires the LAN cable be connected all the time?

David

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP110-Outdoor - Does it require a LAN connection plugged in all the time?
2019-09-30 12:11:53 - last edited 2019-09-30 12:12:18

dnelms61 wrote

Am I missing something or did I purchase a product that requires the LAN cable be connected all the time?

Yes, the EAP110-Outdoor requires a LAN cable connection to work. It's an access point, not a repeater.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
Re:EAP110-Outdoor - Does it require a LAN connection plugged in all the time?
2020-04-04 06:40:42

@dnelms61 

I'm having the same problem - thanks for posting.

By all accounts, I was led to believe by the retailer that I would be able to connect to the internet wirelessly.

dnelms61 wrote

Just purchased the EAP110 to extend my wireless network outside further. There is a Passive POE adapter that I can plug in an outdoor outlet and run the CAT5e Shielded cable to the device. Problem is, after connecting the LAN on the POE adapter to configure the EAP110, once you remove the LAN cable, the EAP110 is no longer trying to connect to the router DHCP to get an address for wireless. My devices can see the EAP SSID, but can't establish an internet connection. 

David

Options