EAP330 not fully working with Omada Controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-21 14:56:37 - last edited 2019-10-21 15:04:29
Model: EAP330  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 B20180925 R37155

Hello,

I have 2 EAP330 V1 FW1.4.0 B20180925 R37155 with Omada Controller 3.2.1 installed on a Virtual Machine Windows Server 2008R2.

Everything works OK, I can configure both AP's, set SSID's, all OK, exept the WIFI coverage it's not very good.

After some time I cannot connect to the SSID's, sometimes 2.4G others 5G, and it's a complete mess.

Both AP's never loose comunication with Controller, and PING always get result, so it has ethernet connection and POE power is good.

I go to Omada Controller and reboot the AP and I've got all working again, but after some time (less than 24h) all happens again.

I go to Windows Server and close Omada Controller software, and I've got better WIFI coverage, stable, and all SSID's available without any issue...

Anyone knows why this happens?

Thanks,

Julio Silva

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP330 not fully working with Omada Controller
2019-10-22 01:00:59

@JulioSilva 

We can use Omada Controller 3.2.1 to manage EAP330, and EAPs should work normally. 

You say the WiFi coverage of the EAP is not good, and there is connection issue. Here are some suggestions for you.

1. Please turn the Tx Power up to the maximum. If the EAP has a low power, it will not broadcast the signal to a farer site. 

2. Some advanced function, such as Band Steering, Airtime Fairness, Load Balance. It may cause disconnection issue of EAP, so we suggest you closing these functions first for checking.

Options
Re:EAP330 not fully working with Omada Controller
2019-10-22 13:37:46

@forrest 

Thanks for you replay.

I have tried messing with TX power from low to high and it's the same.

I first thought that the AP's wore messing with each other, but they work OK at Max Power with software closed...

The Omada controller looks working OK with this AP's, they report the users and configures without issues.

The AP stop broadcasting SSID even with 1 meter from the AP... Sometimes I loose communication at 2-3 meters of the AP, without anything in the middle...

This does not happen with Omada Controller closed.

Meanwhile I've bought OC200 today, I'm giving it a try, to see if this works OK.

It would be great if we can TAG an Alias/Name to a MAC address, so in the connected users we easily check what device is that, cause some does not have an easy netname...

Thanks,

Julio Silva

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 881

Replies: 2