Omada Controller and Portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-04 11:00:33
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20190823 Rel.42002

Hi all,

I have already contacted TP-LINK support, but they were unable to help me with my request. Maybe some of you have already encountered this problem/request and will be able to help me. 

This is what I wrote to TP-LINK : 

Hello, we have Omada EAP series implemented in our customer building. Now the customer needs to add a javascript to the portal page when users log in to the WIFI. Is there a possibility to add this javascript to the portal page that is generated on the OC200 controller? They need only simple log in page with a Log IN button and that the controller will allow the user to be log in for 2 or 4 hours. OC200 has the option to create such portal, but we can't edit the HTML so that we could add that javascript there. Is there any possibility to somehow edit this HTML or could you please provide us with any example HTML code, so we could create an external portal page that has no login information just a LOG IN button? I went through all the FAQs and find there an example of an external portal page but it has some username and password which we don't need. Thank you for you answer.

Thanks for any tips and tricks :) 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Controller and Portal
2019-11-04 11:37:15

@Filip.Bak This will give you only login button

Options
2019-11-04 12:10:12

@shberge Hi, thanks for your reply. 

This is indeed what I need, but I need to add a javascript to this portal, and this is not an option in the controller. 

Options
2019-11-04 14:47:53 - last edited 2019-11-04 14:48:22

Filip.Bak wrote

This is indeed what I need, but I need to add a javascript to this portal, and this is not an option in the controller. 

The way individual portal code can be added to Omada Controller is by defining an external portal and have the portal server do the authentication of the user. See this HowTo for more information.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options