Portal Authentication Page not appearing in Iphone and Android

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-28 08:00:27
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.6.0 Build 20190726 Rel.52366

Hi,

Portal voucher authentication page is not appearing in my guest network. I have installed Omeda controller software ,version 3.2.1 and EAP 225 v3 Firmware 2.6.0 Build 20190726 Rel.52366.

Single accesspoint is connected with the controller , created two ssid one for office staff and another one for guest.Guest SSID is associated with the portal. Portal voucher authentication page is not appearing in Iphone and Android devices...

Please Help.......

Thank you,

Anu

Options
5 Reply
Re:Portal Authentication Page not appearing in Iphone and Android
2019-11-29 00:54:54

Hello @Anu_Narayan ,

Please make sure that your Omada Controller is running all the time. If you close the Omada Controller, we cannot use portal normally. 

For the Iphone and some Android devices, when they connect to the portal SSID, they intercept the link of portal authentication, that's why we cannot see the authentication page. In this situation, please try to open a website in your browser manually and just see if the authentication page will pop up. 

Options
2019-12-03 04:33:59

@forrest Thank you for your response, I have tried to open a website manually but still, the portal authentication is not poping up, omeda controller is running in my pc there is no issue for that .

Options
2019-12-04 01:21:02

@Anu_Narayan I have encountered the same problem once. I established the wireless coverage for a small hotel with 20 pieces of EAP225 v3. All my clients connected to the Guest network cannot pop up the authentication page. So I ask the TP-Link support team for help. With their suggestion, I finally find out that I have made some mistake when setting the portal feature.

How about your completed application topology and the settings? If it is possible, you can post out, and I can give you some suggestions according to my experience.

Options
2019-12-04 13:34:39

@Alexander_Ares I have created two ssid one for the guest and other one for the staffs. In the guest ssid i have enabled the portal. When I manually enter the portal address its asking the voucher , but all our guest not aware about our intranet IP. They will enter any valid websites only like google.com the browser should redirect to the portal authentication page that is my issue...

Options
2021-08-25 18:45:35

@Alexander_Ares i hope you can share your solution. I am having the same problem. For my setup i only have one AP the AEP110. I have omada controller 3.2.14. I know there are newer versions but the latest one is not detection my device. My issue is my wireless network is working. But with portal enabled, either facebook or voucher, it doesn't redirect to the login page. I hope someone has a solution for this.

Options