FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:FUTURE BUYERS BEWARE!!
2020-04-29 22:14:24
Hi Thanks this is very useful information, too late to change my decision as I already have 6 x P9 around my house, I didn't want to disturb the existing DHCP allocations so left my existing router (Apple Time Capsule) and operate the P9s in AP mode. They are working OK on network transfer speeds (using a tool called WiFi Sweetspots on an ipad) but not very stable/consistent on internet. That could be down to poor Virgin service which is being reported at the moment in my area. Question I had is if I switch off the apple router and use the P9 in Router mode am I likely to get any improvement or perhaps less of the double DHCP issue you pointed to? I am not doing anything complex re router settings except allocating a few reserved static IP addresses and using a 10.0.1.x convention that I am now attached to - is the P9 routing performance and capability likely to be up to the performance and features I have on my Time Capsule? Sorry not that technical but always looking at ways to make things wok faster/smoother! Any help appreciated.
Options
2020-04-30 06:53:45
I almost bought the p9 but after reading this I have cancelled my order! Thanks for the heads up. They should have an advanced power-user mode for fine tuning of antenna power, channel changes, etc... and a basic user mode for normal people. I wonder if the x20 or x60 have the issues mentioned here?
Options
2020-04-30 07:08:14

@GrahamPat 

If you're looking for help Graham, you'll have more luck if you post your question in its own thread.

Options
2020-04-30 07:10:32

@SD742 

You're very welcome. I'm glad you decided to not buy. That is the sole purpose of this thread.  I expect that support and product development (ie firmware releases) Will not be any better no matter what TP link product. 

Options
2020-05-01 12:25:26

@realjax and to think I almost went for the $550 X60!   If I spent 600 bucks on a wifi system I would be in real hot water with the wife anyway. 

Options
2020-05-02 22:49:50

@realjax 

Regardless of the outcome the ticket just recently i sent to support, im extremly disappointed with my 3x DECO M4v1 due to ping spikes killing online gaming when using DECO Wifi. 

Wasted troubleshooting hours instead of playing - that was not expected. Seems to be cpu 100% spikes causing packet drops. 

Wifi coverage perfect, signal strenght awesome - but worth nothing if the whole system is crap - can read news and watch netflix - but cant play games via DECO wifi. Router mode or AP mode or 2.4ghz disabled, 5ghz disabled, sitting 2 feets away from the AP, testing with WIN10, iphone or android - doesnt helps, symptoms are same.

Wired works seamless. Using provider router wifi works seamless, not even 1 packet loss from a 10000 ping. 

Not waiting more for a new and stable firmware - all TPLINK device goes into trash tomorrow. 

Why ? Because that wasnt promised - forget your wifi problems they said.

I have onyl problems with wifi since i got the DECO. 

NEVER again. 

Options
2020-05-03 06:03:08

@HU-Fer 

Not to make the situation worse and pollute the planet any more.  Could you at least recycle this tplink junk?

Options
2020-05-12 09:21:19

I believe this post deserves to be on top of the forums. TP-Link is a scam company and deserves mass lawsuits.

Options
2020-05-12 10:12:35

@Yala I find it amazing that they did not delete this issue/topic. 

Options
2020-05-19 22:43:54
Do not forget that the powerline system is incompatible with tplink range of powerline adapters. You give complete control, MANDATORY, to some chinese datacenter of your router. You can only make """configurations""" (lol) on the mobile phone app. (It should come with a cell phone because it's mandatory you have one) It's the most stupid router I have haver seen. Just open the firmware to openwrt or ddwrt and maybe your hardware won't suck so much... "A new firmware is coming.." Yeah, sure, 1 year of an alfa product but your engineers are working hard... Meanwhile you keep selling trash... Way to go TP-Link!
Options
Related Articles