OneMesh for Ax6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OneMesh for Ax6000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
78 Reply
Re:OneMesh for Ax6000
2021-02-18 12:05:27

@localhost192 

hi

have installed the new firmware on my ax6000 v1 uk

have also updated my re505x firmware

they seem to connect and initially were working well but have noticed that when go from one room to another when using iPhone 12 Pro Max or iPhone 8+ that the phones web connected freeze. 

I have also had to restart the 505x several times in the last 48 hrs.

it's like the one mesh can't handle a seamless handover of devices and this is more noticeable when stream, making a data call etc

to confirm - both router and extender both within optimal range of each other and have previously worked flawlessly without the one mesh feature enabled

any help / advice / update would be appreciated as have spent a fair amount of money on my set up but am disappointed when it's key feature has been finally enabled 

thanks,  Leon

Options
2021-02-24 07:11:59

@LeonBr 

Hi Leon, please firstly ensure the RE505X joins the AX6000 Onemesh network successfully, you can check this on the AX6000 web interface page, where will show you the Onemesh devices in this network.

Please check if the Smart Connect feature is on or off, you may try the opposite setting to check if it will help.

What is the wireless security on the AX6000? Please try to change the security type to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot both the AX6000 and the RE505X to confirm.

Options
2021-02-26 22:59:07

@LeonBr 

I had the same problem as you. My iPhone, iPad, and PC would drop the connection, stutter, and sometimes wouldn't be able to connect.

In the end, I factory reset for the AX6000 router and the extender. Then I set up the router again with my original SSID network name and password and then used the Tether app on my phone to connect the extender with OneMesh.

We haven't had a problem since then. It's been now about 6 days since we did it and have not had any problems.

Options
2021-02-26 23:23:02

@Kevin_Z 

hi

have tried all those steps to the letter but have found the following issues - 

randomly through the day the one mesh 505 would freeze and stutter requiring a restart

if I was making a data call on an iPhone near the router and the signal handed over to the 505 then the call would be cut off

my Samsung tv connects via the 505 wirelessly and it soo suffers from stutters and freezes 

the 2.4ghz on the 505 would also drop from 144mbps to 5mbs randomly whilst the 5ghz remained stable (according to the tether app)

both the router and 505 are both using latest firmware

i have had to disable the onmesh feature - and to be fair having spent over £300 am a little gutted to not have it working yet 

fingers crossed it can be sorted 

Options
2021-02-26 23:24:54
Thanks for that - will give it a try once I get permission off the wife and kids to turn off their internet for longer than 5 mins 😂
Options
2021-03-05 10:14:54

@localhost192 Yup one mesh is not working, no matter settings they need to fix this, same issues as all reported. Freezes and slowness. All settings and testing have failed. I am a network engineer and this is not a working product as of yet. 

Options
2021-03-05 10:31:23

@jason2502 

Can we have more details about the issue? What is the model number of the Onemesh range extender? Was it working fine before you updated to the Onemesh firmware on the AX6000? What if you remove the range extender from the Onemesh network, will it still work fine?

Options
2021-03-05 10:44:40

@Kevin_Z As you know the one mesh firmware for the AX600 was just released . I have a AX1500 onemesh compatible (RE5505X) . I had to unplug and not use, as it cause my network to be worse off then when just the main router. I have tried all setting and read all comments, nothing improved performance, freezes and slowness. I did the placement tests and shows up in one mesh. I am not a beginner, I am simply stating this is not 100% roaming and ready for normal users, I am advanced and cannot get it working correctly. 

Options
2021-03-06 14:40:47

@localhost192 

just my observations on this..

i have an re220 extender connected in the mesh system.

when i am near the extender and connected to it i experience periods of no internet even though it shows internet connectivity.

when i get no internet i go into the extenders settings and check to see what is connected. I find it's my note 10 plus which is connected ( i've given it an android icon) BUT it has not been given an ip address. Connected solely to the AX6000 there are no issues.

i have now unchecked smart connect and one mesh, rebooted ax6000, restored my re220 to be an extender only and all is working great.( all have same network name and password).

Options
2021-03-10 09:53:59

@Cawsie 

Thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

Except for the note 10 plus, how about other devices connected to the network? Will they connect to the internet properly when near the RE? 

You may try to disable the Smart Connect while leave the Onemesh on, then confirm again if the phone and other devices can connect to the RE properly.

When you observed the note 10 plus cannot get an IP address from the network, how will you resolve the connection? Do you need to reconnect to the network on the phone, or just wait for seconds and it will resolve automatically?

Options
Related Articles