EAP 220 - Occasional Unit Going into 'Configuring Status' by itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-15 07:25:26
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20160401 Rel. 65964

Hi All, 

Pardon the different model selected. It seems 220 no longer available to choose. 

I have 3 EAP220 units deployed around the office, managed thru the 'EAP Controller Software version 2.5.4'. 

I noticed 1 particular unit will ocassinally stop broadcasing SSID i.e laptop not seeing the broadcast name anymore.

When checked immediately, the controller portal will show this particular unit with a 'configuring' status.

Going to the 'LOG' tab doesn't show much info, except an entry stating this particular MAC was disconnected. 

I have tried swapping the port on the POE switch to which this AP connects to.

Is there any other place I can see more info, especially on what causes the AP to behave in a such a way. 

Btw, when it happened I noticed the 'client number' field on the portal showing 26 units. Is that too much? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 220 - Occasional Unit Going into 'Configuring Status' by itself
2020-01-17 06:49:07

theArties wrote

When checked immediately, the controller portal will show this particular unit with a 'configuring' status.

Going to the 'LOG' tab doesn't show much info, except an entry stating this particular MAC was disconnected. 

From your description, this EAP device has been disconnected from the Omada Controller. So we should check the connection of the EAP.

Now you have changed the port of PoE switch, but the issue still  exists. We recommend you to change the ethernet cable to have a try. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 1

Related Articles