Invalid Request Parameter (on some phones)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-11 11:05:11
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20191022 Rel. 41405

What causes Invalid request parameter and how do I fix this on my client's phone?

This is the 3rd time I encountered this on my network. First was an ASUS Android phone. Second and 3rd was both from old samsung phones.

I tried the same voucher code on my iphone and it works on my iphone. Tried another voucher code on the samsung phone and still get the error.
I tried reconnecting the phone, even restarted the phone, I even restarted my EAP225-Outdoor and the same phone gives that particular error.

Anyone encountered something like this? How to fix this on client's phone?

Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Invalid Request Parameter (on some phones)
2020-02-12 01:14:01

@hashrack 

this issue is truly strange, we have never received such similar feedback.

What's the version of your Omada Controller? We recommend you to upgrade the latest version (Controller 3.2.7). 

If you are using the latest version, we recommend you to reboot the Omada Controller to have a try. 

Any update, please tell us.

Options
2020-02-12 01:48:14 - last edited 2020-02-12 08:41:57

@forrest 

im using oc200. works normally on other phones but one of my customer last night encountered the problem.

as of now, i cant do further test since its not my phone that got this error. i thought that this was a phone issue and not eap or oc200. i just dont know how to fix it on such phones. as mentioned, i have already encountered this 3 times on different phones, customer's phone.

controller version 3.2.7 is still  not available on oc200. i tried rebooting eap225-outdoor but i can't reboot oc200 at that time since i have several other customers connected.
rebooting oc200 takes about 4 minutes to reboot while eap only takes a minute.

Options
2020-02-13 01:03:44

@hashrack 

The latest firmware of the OC200 is Controller 3.2.5, it has little difference from Omada Controller 3.2.7, so don't worry about the OC200. 

I thought that this was a phone issue and not eap or oc200.

For the issue, same voucher code, but the client cannot use it and other clients can, I also think it is a issue of the phone. 

You say the issue has occurred on three times and two other client also meet this issue. Can you tell us the model of the clients? 

By the way, please sned us some screenshots about the voucher settings. If it is not convenient for you to upload it here, please send message to me.

Options
2020-02-13 22:36:56 - last edited 2020-02-13 22:46:55

@forrest 

I don't know the exact model. Image on screenshot is Samsung Duos. The other samsung was Samsung S3 Mini. The ASUS phone, I don't know the model or type. It' similar to my ASUS Zenfone Max just by looking on front view but back view is different. And I don't have that problem on my Zenfone Max.

I don't know what voucher setting you're referring but this is how I create my vouchers.

There's up to 3 Pages on Guest log since I resetted or restore factory settings my device (oc200) a few days ago as I encounter a different problem. Something like, some vouchers that I've created and printed, doesn't work. When I check previous logs, there was no record that the voucher has been used. When I checked voucher codes, voucher didn't exist which is weird. If I have printed it, it should exist. Other users on our Philippines WiFi group messaged me that they have experience it before and they called it "voucher corruption". So I backup settings (only) forget the eap, and reconnect eap, restore factory settings on oc200, then restore settings from backup. 

That's why my logs on guest is upto 3 pages only since I resetted it I guess that was last week.

The error above also happened before I restore factory settings my oc200.

Voucher creation is the same before and after resetting my device. The only difference is the code lenght. Before, I only use 6 digits. This time, using 10 digits.

Options
2020-07-29 02:46:11

@forrest 

I experience the same error. The device is also Samsung Duos and the client said it is some kind of a korean replica? 

Options