Why does color on portal (web portal / voucher portal) gets darkened?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-06 01:23:09
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20191126 Rel.59455

My Paid WiFi's portal with background image gets darkened. I thought that was normal. But when I set background color to white (on my image), it was pretty obvious that the entire image is darkened.

Can you please disable this "darkened" image on future Omada Controller or on future updates on OC200?

Screenshots:

Original Image uploaded on portal....

Portal displayed on Android Phone:

Portal displayed on iPhone:

Portal displayed on my laptop's browser:

Obviously, portal can't display original color uploaded on controller... Is this on purpose?

Designing portal, image addition, color picking kind of useless when it's uploaded in omada controller as result is darkened when displayed on user devices.

Can you please add an option on future omada controller to disabled the darkening of the uploaded image?

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why does color on portal (web portal / voucher portal) gets darkened?
2020-03-08 20:05:31 - last edited 2020-03-08 20:06:43

@hashrack, yes this darkening of images is on purpose.

The designer of the Portal page menu obviously did have a policy in mind: when uploading an image, it must be a background image. To overlay a background image with buttons and messages the image gets darkened to increase contrast.

If you think it's bad to imply such a policy, you are right. :-)

When creating an image for a Portal page, I always darken it in my image manipulation program to achieve the same effect. That's my policy. But if the text/button color is black, I will lighten the background image. That's not possible at all with Omada controller.

Thus, I also support the feature request to remove the darkening of portal pages as a policy, therefore reducing the mechanism to load an image to what it just should be: a mechanism, not a policy.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 1

Related Articles