Archer A6 management panel broken, cannot log in, reset does not help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-18 20:20:44
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20200110 rel. 60118(4555)

Hello TP-Link community,

My Archer A6 v2.0 has been acting up ever since I started using it in router mode (not access point mode).

In particular, here are the issues I have been dealing with — possibly related to the current firmware:

1. The login page loads slowly and often does not load at all. I get either my browser's "connection timeout" page or the teal-colored background with the characters "-->" (no quotes) in the upper left corner. Sometimes, I get the "unsupported browser" message, no matter which browser I use. It is an Ethernet connection, but I have tried WiFi as well, with same results.
  2. If the login page finally loads and I can set a password, the next time I go to the management page, I am again prompted to create a new password. No matter what I submit, I get the "login failed" message and the false password counter. After inputting the correct password ten times, I am locked out for two hours, unless I reset the device.
  3. If, by some miracle, the login page loads correctly and actually does ask to enter the password I had set, it does not accept it. The last time I attempted this, I chose a single-character password. Still, the login form did not accept it.
  4. Resetting the device using the reset button starts the process anew, but does not fix any of the issues.

This is getting so bad, the device can be considered bricked. I have managed to set it up in a way that at least sort of works, but it is impossible to log in to the management panel.

I would try flashing the firmware again (hey, maybe there has even been an update, considering the mess that build 20200110 seems to be!), but there is no way to download it to my computer, so guides like this one are no help.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 0

Related Articles