Can't discover previously working EAP245

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 05:57:36 - last edited 2020-04-26 17:57:30
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.2.0

I installed two EAP245s about a month ago and they have been working flawlessly. I manage them using the controller on my Windows 10 machine. Today I was doing my monthly server upgrades and saw that controler 3.2.10 was out, so I upgraded. Right after that upgrade the controller showed my 2 APs as disconnected and I haven't been able to get them back.

I left one of them alone, which still shows as disconnected. I tried forgetting the other one in the process of trying to reconnect it. The Omada Discovery tool can't find either AP and the Controller can't find the AP that I forgot. I have tried factory resetting the AP that I forgot multiple times. I also uninstalled the 3.2.10 controller and reinstalled 3.2.7, but no change. I made sure that the Windows firewall was not blocking the controller or the Discovery tool.

- Both the APs and the controller are on the same subnet

- I have an EdgeRouter 4, which I did absolutely nothing to today when this problem happened

- The router has no rules in place for this subnet, and nothing has been changed from when it was all previously working; everything else on the network seems to be working fine

- Both APs are assigned static IPs

- I can ping both APs from the Controller machine

- I can log into both APs using their static IP addresses

I feel like I must be missing something obvious because it all worked fine before the 3.2.10 upgrade and I didn't change anything else on my Windows machine or my network today, but I'm currently out of ideas and would appreciate any help folks could offer.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't discover previously working EAP245-Solution
2020-04-26 06:26:46 - last edited 2020-04-26 17:57:30

@Cnote 

Cnote wrote

I installed two EAP245s about a month ago and they have been working flawlessly. I manage them using the controller on my Windows 10 machine. Today I was doing my monthly server upgrades and saw that controler 3.2.10 was out, so I upgraded. Right after that upgrade the controller showed my 2 APs as disconnected and I haven't been able to get them back.

I left one of them alone, which still shows as disconnected. I tried forgetting the other one in the process of trying to reconnect it. The Omada Discovery tool can't find either AP and the Controller can't find the AP that I forgot. I have tried factory resetting the AP that I forgot multiple times. I also uninstalled the 3.2.10 controller and reinstalled 3.2.7, but no change. I made sure that the Windows firewall was not blocking the controller or the Discovery tool.

- I have an EdgeRouter 4, which I did absolutely nothing to today when this problem happened

- The router has no rules in place for this subnet, and nothing has been changed from when it was all previously working; everything else on the network seems to be working fine

I feel like I must be missing something obvious because it all worked fine before the 3.2.10 upgrade and I didn't change anything else on my Windows machine or my network today, but I'm currently out of ideas and would appreciate any help folks could offer.

You use a wired computer or wireless computer to manage EAP? It is recommended to use wired computer, since wireless connection is not stable and cause the "disconencted" issue.

If the EAP and Controller belong to same subnet, you are no need to use the Omada Discovery tool, the Omada Controller will find the EAP directly. I think you can go to control panel-> windows firewall-> allowed programs to check if you have allowed the private and public privilige of EAP Controller and JAVA, it may cause this issue.

When EAP is powered up, it will broadcast the discovery packets to UDP port 29810 in the local subnet. If the Omada Controller receive the packets, then it will show this EAP in the "pending" list. I think you can install a "wireshark" software in your computer, then run it to capture the packets of this computer. You can use "udp.port==29810" filter to check if the computer receive the packets from EAP, if not, you may need to check the EAP and firewall in your network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't discover previously working EAP245-Solution
2020-04-26 06:26:46 - last edited 2020-04-26 17:57:30

@Cnote 

Cnote wrote

You use a wired computer or wireless computer to manage EAP? It is recommended to use wired computer, since wireless connection is not stable and cause the "disconencted" issue.

If the EAP and Controller belong to same subnet, you are no need to use the Omada Discovery tool, the Omada Controller will find the EAP directly. I think you can go to control panel-> windows firewall-> allowed programs to check if you have allowed the private and public privilige of EAP Controller and JAVA, it may cause this issue.

When EAP is powered up, it will broadcast the discovery packets to UDP port 29810 in the local subnet. If the Omada Controller receive the packets, then it will show this EAP in the "pending" list. I think you can install a "wireshark" software in your computer, then run it to capture the packets of this computer. You can use "udp.port==29810" filter to check if the computer receive the packets from EAP, if not, you may need to check the EAP and firewall in your network.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't discover previously working EAP245
2020-04-26 17:57:20

@jonas, Thank you very much! I didn't realize Java was part of the controller. I don't know how, but it somehow got disabled in the Windows firewall. After allowing it the controller could immediately see both APs. Thanks, again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1366

Replies: 2

Related Articles