Connecting TPLink CPE 210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 12:42:12 - last edited 2020-06-02 10:35:24
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. We have a wired broadband network throughout our house. We have a BT router connected in our utility area direct from outside into the network. All works well. However the house is well insulated so I want to extend the WiFi to the garden. I bought the CPE 210 (unused) I've connected it but only the power and LAN led lights show. I tried following the instructions to change the settings by linking the Ethernet to our iMac.  When I put the number into to login into the to link site nothing happens. I'm assuming that the iMac is suspicious.  
I had hoped that it would just work as I'm only using it to extend the range not to connect to another to create a new network. 

can anyone help?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting TPLink CPE 210
2020-05-18 20:00:01 - last edited 2020-06-02 10:35:24
You need to configure your device, please follow the steps below. I use windows and I am not farmiliar with MAC, so please have a look and see how you can replace the windows instructions of setting up you PC You to "Statically" configure the PC so as to put it in the same subnet as the CPE so that you can connect to the CPE 1. The PC must for example be configured with IPv4 add 192.168.0.10 and mask it with 255.255.255.0 2. Open your browser (they are recommending “Chrome’, FireFox or Safari” 3. On the browser address enter 192.168.0.254 ( CPEs default IP add) 4. Default username = admin and password = admin 5. Please change this and input your own secure username and password 6. Go to “Quick setup” tab 7. Here, you will see all the options, you need to select “Repeater” mode for the application that you want 8. Click next until you get to finish 9. Go to “Wireless” tab 10. Under “Wireless Client Settings” click survey to scan available “Wi-Fi” networks 11. Select the SSID you want to extend to your garden, for example my one is shown below 12. So select your SSID, fill in its MAC add, and put in your SSID password under the PSK Password field 13. Click “Apply” and you are good to go
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 472

Replies: 1

Related Articles