Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
99 Reply
Re:Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade
2021-02-18 06:23:43

@ArthurSoares 

Hi, sorry to tell you that we can provide an English service for global users now. You are suggested to contact the local tech support to get some suggestions.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/

Or you can re-write your problem in English and provide more information. We will then try our best to help you. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Archer C6 V2 Firmware 1.3.0 EU - WiFi drops every few minutes after firmware upgrade
2021-02-18 09:46:17

@Kevin_Z  I got problem with 2.4g wifi after firmware update to last one form TP-LINK.com  Archer A6(EU)_V2_200902 , it drop all days, I need to restart my router 4-5 time per day. Before upgrade i never restarted my router for more than 1 year.. I try everytnigs and doesnt work. I turned off onemesh, dont have guest network, i put channel 11 with 40mhz band, with or without password. I reseted it to factory defoult ... its always the same issue at all my devices.5g works fine... 

How can I downgrade to 1.2.1 to solve my problem?!?!?! 

ITs so annoyed rly...

Options
2021-02-18 10:39:00

@Astral_SOul 

How many devices are connected to the C6 2.4G network? Are they disconnecting at the same time? Are they any error message when they failed to reconnect?

You can also disable the NAT boost on the web interface (Advanced-System Tools-System Parameters), then monitor again.

The latest 1.3.x version cannot be downgraded to the previous 1.2.x version, while we will report the issue to the engineers, they will likely to contact you via email.

Options
2021-02-18 10:45:58

@Mrjlaunch I used 5 device at 2.4G and 2 on 5g, all 5 device dropped from 2.4G and cant reconnect before i restart router . On 5G dont have any issue, work fine.

Options
2021-02-18 13:30:56

@Astral_SOul

Have you tried the solution from post #35 in this thread? 

Options
2021-02-18 13:34:22
Options
2021-02-22 13:35:23

@Kevin_Z 

What I meant was:
I'm from Brazil and a US version of the C6 router is sold here.

My router connected to 2.4ghz but after 10 minutes it crashed as it connected, it was without internet. Freezing videos on Facebook and Instagram. They didn't carry and like images too.

I installed the Wi-Fi Analyzer and he pointed out that it had 1 hidden network and another "AP + several numbers" network that changed the channel when I changed the channel on my wi-fi network. I found this strange, because the channel was always exactly the same. So think "this router has another SSID that I did not put."

So I researched and found this forum.

Install Firmware and Disable Wifi Mesh.

I was no longer supporting this problem.

I installed the beta today and, so far, I have no problem.

It seems to have solved my problem.

Thank you very much.

I am very happy.

Options
2021-02-23 05:55:46

@ArthurSoares 

Thank you very much for the update, it's glad to know the issue is resolved with the beta firmware. Please keep an eye on your router web UI and the official website, we will release a new official version to support this.

Options
2021-02-23 13:29:15

I am using beta version firmware and its stable in this 1 week that i use it. Thank you.

Options
2021-02-27 05:13:28
Thanks for the solution. This 1.3.1 Beta solves the problem with 2.4 GHz connections dropping for me. OneMesh status does not seem to affect the result, it works also OneMesh enabled. The problem appeared in 1.3.0 if the wireless was set to WPA2-PSK, AES, power high, MU-MIMO enabled and WPS disabled. Changing the wireless version and encryption to auto made the problem appear much more seldom. Waiting for the working stable version.
Options
Related Articles