Setup a wide ranged wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-12 13:02:17 - last edited 2020-06-11 12:34:13

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I hope that I'm here correct with my question. And sorry for my english.

I want to setup a wide ranged wifi network for a 400x150 meter wide area with some buildings on. This area should also be connected to another 150x150 meter big area, which is ~1km far away. The area looks like this:

I already have a Internet access router in the big area, but I want to connect devices to be able to have wifi internet access on the whole area (including the small area). I alread read something about access points, antennas and much more, but I'm still unsure how to setup the network and devices, cause the network should allow up to 3000 people to connect to the wifi network. The wifi network don't have to supply a high bandwith for each individual person on the area, connected to the network.

I currently have the idea of setting up one omni antenna at the big area to supply the big area with wifi. For the small area I would setup a dish antenna at the big area and one at the small area to get the signal to the small area. At the small area I would also setup another omni antenna to supply the small area with wifi.

So I only need 2 dish antenna and 2 omni antenna.

What is your opinion on this? Is this possible and can this work for me? And can you recommend any models to buy?

Thanks for you time and advices!
Marvin

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 0