VLAN for 'kids'computers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VLAN for 'kids'computers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VLAN for 'kids'computers
VLAN for 'kids'computers
2020-09-06 02:58:27 - last edited 2020-10-15 05:29:49
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: newest...just updated it

Ok I have been trying to set up a vlan ready for 'kids' computers. Pfsense firewall is doign the routing. I would like to know if I have finally got this right ?

POrt 1 is tagged port 3 and 4 untagged for thier computer. with PVID of 10. ( I intend of giving more ports for kids computers, this is just trial)

Up till this day I had not done the PVID bit so I'm wondering if that's the only thing I managed to get wrong switch side.

Without the PVID 10 I am assumiong the ports are not connected with the VLAN?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VLAN for 'kids'computers-Solution
2020-09-07 05:53:26 - last edited 2020-10-15 05:29:49

Dear @CJones7,

Up till this day I had not done the PVID bit so I'm wondering if that's the only thing I managed to get wrong switch side.

All the ports on the T1600 belong to VLAN1 and the default PVID for all ports is 1.

If you want to get the kid's PCs to work in VLAN 10, please change the PVID of the corresponding ports to 10 accordingly.

Besides, if you want the PCs to get Internet access, please include the port connecting to the Pfsense firewall into VLAN 10 as well.

Here is a configuration example about how to configure VLAN on the switch for your reference.

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on Smart and Managed switches using the new GUI

Hope the information above is helpful. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:VLAN for 'kids'computers-Solution
2020-09-07 05:53:26 - last edited 2020-10-15 05:29:49

Dear @CJones7,

All the ports on the T1600 belong to VLAN1 and the default PVID for all ports is 1.

If you want to get the kid's PCs to work in VLAN 10, please change the PVID of the corresponding ports to 10 accordingly.

Besides, if you want the PCs to get Internet access, please include the port connecting to the Pfsense firewall into VLAN 10 as well.

Here is a configuration example about how to configure VLAN on the switch for your reference.

How to configure 802.1Q VLAN on Smart and Managed switches using the new GUI

Hope the information above is helpful. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VLAN for 'kids'computers
2020-09-07 14:14:46
@Fae Thank you so much for the reply. You have confirmed exactly what I did wrong and for the kifs computers I have now got them in the PVID 10 wich is what ports I have set up for the vlan. Everything is now working the way it should be. Thank you once again
Options
Re:VLAN for 'kids'computers
2020-09-08 01:09:17

Dear @CJones7,

Glad to hear that it works. Enjoy the Internet!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 3

Related Articles