problems with connection to upsteam switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 20:36:10 - last edited 2021-01-26 08:47:13
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20171214 Rel.70905

I had this successfully connected to a Dell managed switch, but I had to migrate to a Cisco switch and it is not working like it did before.

I need to have 6 ports in 1 VLAN (VLAN #1), 1 port in a separate VLAN (VLAN #2), with the uplink port transiting those 2 VLANs to the Cisco switch.

The configuration on the Dell did not include VLAN 1 (Dell trunk type was set to "general" and the native VLAN on the uplink port was changed to the first VLAN.

I matched the Dell configuration using this configuration on the Cisco switch without luck:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/14
 description "home powerline"

switchport trunk native vlan 423
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 423,997
 switchport mode trunk
 spanning-tree portfast

All of the ports (1-6) in VLAN#1 (423) work as expected

The device in VLAN#2 (997) cannot get a DHCP address and if I give it a static address, it cannot ping the default gateway.

I zipped up the screenshots of the three VLAN port assignment's (VLANs 1,423 & 997) and the PVID table.

File:
tplink-sg108e-8021qvlan-config.zipDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:problems with connection to upsteam switch
2021-01-26 08:55:10

Dear @cncallison,

The device in VLAN#2 (997) cannot get a DHCP address and if I give it a static address, it cannot ping the default gateway.

I zipped up the screenshots of the three VLAN port assignment's (VLANs 1,423 & 997) and the PVID table.

If I didn't get it wrong, the Port8 of TL-SG108E is connected to Port14 on the Cisco switch, correct?

For your case, you may modify VLAN997 and change Port8 to Tagged Port and check again.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1