CPE210 client mode, can't get internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 11:42:04 - last edited 2020-11-25 07:23:12
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I know very little about networking, just enough to plug things together... and troubleshooting using info online is complicated by the fact I'm on a Mac (I'm no good with Windows).

I followed the CPE client mode setup no problem, but can't get internet. I’ve tried two setups with slightly different results:

SETUP 1

I can ping the CPE but can’t ping GENEXIS router or internet

Internet  -------(fibre)------- GENEXIS router -------(wifi)------- CPE210 client -------(LAN)-------  MacBook

SETUP 2

I can ping both CPE and the AP, but can’t ping GENEXIS or internet

Internet  -------(fibre)------- GENEXIS router -------(LAN)-------  TP-AC750 AP  -------(wifi)-------   CPE210 client -------(LAN)-------  MacBook 

GENEXIS router = 192.168.1.1

TP-AC750 AP = 192.168.0.1

CPE210 = 192.168.0.254

Help! Any suggestions are really appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:CPE210 client mode, can't get internet
2020-11-25 10:32:07

Dear @johnlunar,

You may refer to this configuration guide to set up the CPE in Client mode step by step.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/727/

Ensure you select the correct WiFi and input the correct password to connect with the existing wireless network.

After you finish the Quick Setup, please check the LED status on the CPE210. The wireless signal LED would light up once the CPE is successfully connected to the existing wireless network, if not, check the configuration and wireless signal strength from the existing WiFi.

Besides, please remember to configure the PC back to using DHCP (or Obtain IP address automatically) before you test the connectivity.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1124

Replies: 1

Related Articles