TL-R605 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-R605 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-R605 Router
TL-R605 Router
2020-12-10 07:12:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi TP-Link Community!

I hope someone can help me in this case.

Today iam using a DECO M5 Network and iam a little bit frustrated about the availabitly - lack of features in my network.

So i decided to switch to a Omada solution and i would prefer the following network;

1xTL-R605 Router

4xEAP245 AP

1xOC200

1x2210P Switch

So i think this configuration should work fine.

Since 2 weeks now, iam searching and searching and searching but to buy TP-Link products here in Austria is really horrible.

The availabilty of the OC200 is good and also the EAP245 is ok - but i can´t buy a TL-R605 Router. No dealer and distributor has this product in stock and they told me that they cannot say when this product is available. Also the Switch is very hard to get.

Can you please tell me.................

Do i really need the RL-R605VPN or could i start also with another classical router to use Omada SDN?

Is the TL-R605 an old product or is hard to get because of the Covid-19 situation?

Can someone please suggest me a alternative Router or should i start with the router functionality of my LTE Router (todays this router is only bridging)

Thank you very much for your input

regards

Christian

Options
24 Reply
Re:TL-R605 Router
2020-12-10 15:34:11

@ChrisAT a couple of months ago I started almost with the same configuration as you are mentioning, except for the TL-R605. Simply because it was not on the market yet.

You do not need to buy th TL-R605, but using the router gives you a lot more functionality in Omada. But for just using wifi functionality the TL-R605 is not necesairy.

Options
2020-12-10 15:46:37

@RBL 

Hi, thank you very much for your Input.

I would start with the above config and would use my existing router for Firewalling/DHCP and so on. When the TL-R605 ist available i would Switch top him..

I think this would be ok so i can start with the OC200 and EAP AP.

Chris

Options
2020-12-11 07:44:15
I am waiting for TL-R605 availability too. I have EAP225, EAP225-Outdoor, and Omada Controller in docker container on Synology. As router i am using Archer C7, and network is working fine. I just want to have more possibilites with router compatible with Omada.
Options
2020-12-18 10:46:08

@ChrisAT : Yesterday I received the TL-R605, though the supplier told me one day earlier, the model wouldn't be delivered before next week.

So, this router is now at the market (at least in the Netherlands).

However, I'm struggling to get it adopted to my Omada SDN right now. Adoption fails right now. Will continue to try to solve this.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Options
2020-12-18 11:48:49

@Daniel_NL 

Hi Daniel,

yeah, i received my TL-R605 today!!!!

Please keep me updated how you could solved your problem - iam in the exact same situation. Will config my network tommorrow. I hope everything will work.

Regards

Chris

Options
2020-12-18 12:38:48 - last edited 2020-12-18 12:39:10

@Daniel_NL 

Do you have configured the router before in standalone mode? in that case you have to put the new credentials you modified.

Otherwise reset it and adopt by default (admin/admin).

Regards

Options
2020-12-18 13:12:53

@Emitplink Yes, that's right. When you want to see access the router using the stand-alone mode (which seems to be available only as long as the router is not managed centralized) you are required to set an admin name and password. After that, during adoption, the controller first gives an error stating the router could not be adopted. When you press Retry, the controller asks for the admin credentials.

I used the reset button (nowhere described in the userguide how to use this butten) and pressed it until one LED starts to flash quickly. The device returns to factory mode. But even then, the adoption process fails. The error is: Device adoption failed because the device does not respond to adopt commands.

I submitted a ticket with my supplier. Will be updated later today, I hope.

Daniel

Options
2020-12-18 13:15:41

@Daniel_NL 

Ok, is it strange.

SO you are able to see it like "Pending Device" ?

Is there also another possibility to adopt it, when you are in standalone mode, there is a new section "controller url/ip inform", you have to set the IP of the controller to see into it.

Btw, the adoption must be fine...

Regards

Options
2020-12-18 13:17:32

@ChrisAT I also tried to adopt the router by using the Omada Cloud-based Controller. According the installation guide of the TL-R605, step 5, one should Click Devices and the press Add Device. However, there's no element in the webinterface to add a device. This option should allow to add the device by entering its serial number. No luck so far.

Daniel

Options
2020-12-18 13:19:13

@Daniel_NL 

As far as I know the cloud based solution is not avaliable yet.

The corrects steps are to adopt it by default from your hardware controller OC200/300 or Software controller-

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10534

Replies: 24

Related Articles