Routing through VPN by SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 00:46:33 - last edited 2021-04-18 10:13:57
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.00

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on setup. I have a Omada SDN controller, with a TL-R605 router and 245 access points.

What I would like to do is have all traffic routed though a VPN when devices are connected to particular SSID only. Is this possible with this setup?

I'm guessing what I want to do is to set up a VLAN for the SSID. This seems quite straightforward.

However, when I try to set up a VPN, the VPN can only bind to an 'Interface' rather than a 'VLAN'.

I'm not sure I want to set up a new interface as I want all devices that come from all ports to act the same - with the exception of wireless clients which will be routed either via the VPN or not depending on which SSID they are connected to.

Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Routing through VPN by SSID
2021-11-18 03:25:40

@Caribo Were you able to figure this out? I have been trying to find a solution to this exact situation for the last 3 days without any success...

Options
Re:Routing through VPN by SSID
2021-11-25 12:22:52

I'm having currently OpenWRT based router, which offers me VLANs for different purposes. Then, on Settings->Wireless networks, I have defined SSIDs, which use these VLANs. Here are two screenshots from my installation. Those VLANs are not defined at all elsewhere on the Omada system.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 640

Replies: 2