DHCPS Lease hostname not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCPS Lease hostname not found

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:DHCPS Lease hostname not found
2023-02-05 17:31:08

@Vonk  and it doesn't work, still drops once per hour
Hope to return this successfully and strongly recommend: Don't buy any tp-link routers

Options
2023-02-05 19:55:05
@ccadar @vonk go to the Advanced -> Security -> IP & MAC Binding Under “Binding List” Remove all the devices. or share the screenshot here.
Options
2023-02-05 19:58:34 - last edited 2023-02-05 19:59:22

IP & MAC Binding is deactivated...

Options
2023-02-05 20:07:35
Your router is assigning a fixed ip to your laptop, chek the ip address and note it down. now lock the laptop (as you mentioned in previous message), it will stop working because your router will assign that same ip to another device. This situation is known as ip conflict. You can check, in router settings, which device is using your noted ip address. Go to advanced.. security and check in each tab where you have assigned this ip to any device.
Options
2023-02-05 20:17:45

@Priyesh7 

thanks for the hint but I thought of it as well.. I set all IPs as permanent in DHCP but that did not help either..I think the problem is with the WIFI protocol IEEE 802.11 not IP layers..

I used wireshark to check the communication with the router after opening the laptop but I got no packets of any type ....which means that the WIFI protocol got stuck somewhere..

I dont have such a tool to check the wifi protocol ...

Options
2023-02-05 20:28:29
one more thing, check the laptop name in connected devices list, it must be the hostname of laptop. if you tried to change it before that could be an issue. you can change it to unknown or hostname of device. Check my previous message for details.
Options
2023-02-07 18:22:57

@ccadar 

Hey,

Could you please share the logs here.

I checked my logs and I am still having this hostname thing as warning.

1 thing I observed is, I have Android TV which I have connected via ethernet cable, but by mistake wifi was also got enabled in TV, because of this I got drops in network.

I have turned off the wifi of tv and only ethernet is working now. 

But for another Android tv I am getting this hostname issue as warning.

I am still working on this issue but my network is working well right now.

Options
2023-02-15 18:54:40

Nothing help ...
I've tried all suggestions here in the thread and nothing.

It is "great" that the TP-Link support do NOTHING to solve this problem... Thx!

Recommend me router from another brand.

Options
2023-02-15 19:11:34

@Georgi681 yo, i had the same problem. I Can recommend you MicroTik Hap AC3, or Hap AC2 model, they're both good. I bought Hap AC3 and had almost no problem with this one.

Options
Re:DHCPS Lease hostname not found-Solution
2023-02-16 07:09:52 - last edited 2023-02-16 07:10:06

Georgi681 wrote

Nothing help ...
I've tried all suggestions here in the thread and nothing.

It is "great" that the TP-Link support do NOTHING to solve this problem... Thx!

Recommend me router from another brand.

Hello @Georgi681 and all,

If any of you observes and finds that there are 'DHCPS Lease hostname not found' error in the router system log, please take it easy. This specific log has nothing to do with any drops or disconnect behaviors as far as I can confirm.

When this error occurs, it simply means the router is not able to get the hostname of the client device which is connected to the network. But this doesn't mean the specific device will drop from the network or fail to connect. This mostly happens when the device is using a private or randomized MAC address and doesn't have a hostname.

If you see these errors in the router system log, please help verify the following details:

1. Does this error point to a specific client device or some? Are they phones or computers?

2. Does that device use a private or randomized MAC address?

3. Does that device have a hostname?

However, if you do experience an internet disconnect or unstable issue with the router, please provide us with the below information:

1. Will the internet LED on the Archer C80/C64 change to orange/red when the issue happens?

2. Who is your ISP? What is the model of the ISP-provided modem? Do you have stable internet connectivity if you connect a computer directly to the modem? This needs to be tested and verified for the same period when you observed the disconnect on the C80/C64.

3. If the ISP-provided modem gives you a pretty stable connection, please try with a new Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable between the modem and the C80/C64 to observe if it will make a difference.

4. If nothing helps, please save the whole system log on the C80/C64 and send it to support.forum@tp-link.com for further investigation.

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles