ER7026 PPoe pass through and voip configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-11 15:31:12
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I just bought an ER7026 and Im trying to migrate my settings from a Speedport+. So I have some questions

1. My speedport has enabled the PPoe pass through option which I can't find. I created a normal PPOE connection and used the correct VLAN. Do I need to do something else?

2. I have a voip headset configured to work through ethernet. Do I need to open ports or configure Qos in the ER7026 in order to work correctly, and if yes where can I find more info?

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER7026 PPoe pass through and voip configuration
2021-05-13 06:11:17

@NikosK 

Hi, NikosK

1. My speedport has enabled the PPoe pass through option which I can't find. I created a normal PPOE connection and used the correct VLAN. Do I need to do something else?

Do you mean internet access on the WAN settings is PPPoE + VLAN ID? Internet should be working if all the parameters is correct.

2. I have a voip headset configured to work through ethernet. Do I need to open ports or configure Qos in the ER7026 in order to work correctly, and if yes where can I find more info?

How do you like to connect your VOIP headset? to another PoE Switch or to the Router directly?

VoIP headset should be work when connecting to ER7206 without any specific settings. You may ask your VoIP headset support see if they require any special settings.

Seems only some of TP-Link smart/managed Switch has auto VOIP or Voice VLAN page, but ont on ER7206. Don't know if this FAQ related or not.

Here is it

The difference between the Voice VLAN feature and Auto VOIP feature:  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2694/

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:ER7026 PPoe pass through and voip configuration
2021-05-13 07:24:59

@Virgo Thanks for the reply. For PPOe pass through I was almost sure that it was needed on the ER7026

As for the Voip issue, I had read the article and Im trying to make it work without having to buy a level 2 switch. I have a Gigaset phone and I mtrying to  prioritize the voip packets. Till now I have done 3 things:

1. I gave the phone a static ip

2. I treated a virtual network with that ip only to sent the 5060 port packages only through the Wan1 port, which is where I have that internet providers connection

3. I created a vlan on Lan/wan port3, assigned the virtual network and connected the phone alone on that port.

I don't know If these setting are correct or If I need anything else. Unfortunately both my switches are unmanaged, so I can't create a vlan there.

Also I can't find any QoS settings on the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1348

Replies: 2