EAP225 outdoor no connection between wired and wireless devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-22 20:22:45
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I originally wanted to use two EAP-225 (AP) outdoors to make a bridge for two devices connected by wire to each of the APs but it turned out TP-Link is super vague in that regard and it's my personal opinion that they basically don't support this function (i don't believe in a need to use a dedicated hw/sw for that. Just no.).

So I've decided to use a single AP to have a device no.1 (D1) connected using a wired connection to a single AP and device no.2 (D2) connected wirelessly. One thing to note - I DON'T want internet access. Just local networking.

I've configured the AP to have a static IP. (192.168.1.10)

I've configured the D1 and D2 to have a static IP (192.168.1.4 and 192.168.1.14)

I don't have guest networks.

I've set up a VLAN on an SSID used for wireless connection.

I can connect to the AP from the D1 (wired connection) and I'm able to change it's settings.

The AP is able to detect the wireless device being connected.

What I can't do is to ping D1 using D2 or D2 using D1. They can only pink the AP.

Could someone help me get this thing to work? I'm really struggling with this. Why can't it be a normal configuration?

Thanks in advance for any help you can spare.

Cheers,

Rafał

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP225 outdoor no connection between wired and wireless devices
2021-05-24 08:17:26

@RangerDeVill How about turning off the VLAN settings for the Wi-Fi and then try again, maybe the firewall and the anti-virus will block something? Since all the IPs are in the same subnet, there has something to isolate it.

Options
Re:EAP225 outdoor no connection between wired and wireless devices
2021-05-24 15:30:23

@John1234 Thanks for a fast reply. Originally, I've started with all the VLANs off (for both the 5G and 2G networks) and had no luck that way.

Maybe it's a different setting? They have the same subnet. Gateway? They should have the same address for a gateway. but I would have to doublecheck that.

Cheers,

Rafał

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 2

Related Articles