VPN not connecting for 1 client

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-12 14:29:42
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

I have a group of users connecting to the VPN and then RDP to a server.

A single user was working but no longer can connect.

I have ruled out windows updates etc with all my troubleshooting because the user can connect to my other VPN router (identical) at another location. (same ISP as well, one is my home router, one is my office router)

The VPN connection just spins on the client end and appears to have zero communication with the router. I enabled WAN ping on the router and the user can ping the host / ip no problem.

Is it possible the ER605 detected some sort traffic from the user IP and blacklisted / firewalled it? If so, where do I find any such lists in the ER605 to clear it.

It's the only plausible explanation I currently have.

Have not rebooted the router yet. (I did disable and re-enable the VPN policy)

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN not connecting for 1 client
2021-06-17 07:04:00

@EIBROG 

What type of VPN did you configure? You can check if  other users that can connect to ER605. If other users can and there is no change on router's setting, you may still focus on the single users. You can also try to reset and rebuild the VPN tunnel if possible. I don't think this router can block the VPN users.

Options
2021-06-17 13:42:38

@Somnus 

I could connect to the VPN using the account from a different IP. It was bizarre.

A reboot fixed it but also due to the flakey DMZ implementation of my ISP modem (which I need in order for home phone to work)I also have to reboot that as well to get everything back online. 

Which can be a total pain if I am not at home.

Options
2021-06-19 07:40:29
You can keep observing it. Maybe this time it's over once and for all?
Options