Possibility to bridge two networks using a mesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-16 09:15:49
Model: EAP265 HD  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

I am planning to upgrade my network infrastructure after being frustrated with consumer hardware. My setup needs to reach across three floors of a building, which does not have cabling between all floors. Thus I intend to bridge between two floors using a wireless mesh, but I have not been able to determine from the documentation and FAQ's whether that can work or not and which AP hardware to use.

Here's what I am planning to do at the moment:

The wireless network provides three separate SSID'S which correspond to three VLAN's, all need to span all three floors.

Question: can I create a mesh between AP1 and AP2 that also acts as a bridge between the networks on the 1st and the 2nd floor? And will that bridge transport the necessary VLAN information?

I have ruled out using the EAP 6xx AP due to lack of mesh functionality, so I am focused on the EAP 2xx series with mesh support now.

Kind regards

Daniel

Options
2 Reply
Re:Possibility to bridge two networks using a mesh?
2021-06-16 09:23:18
The short answer is yes.
Options
Re:Possibility to bridge two networks using a mesh?
2021-06-16 12:17:04

@shberge 

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I assume the long answer would include descriptions on how to configure that specific case, but I will figure that out during the setup anyway.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 2