Using Unifi AP's with tpLink network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-01 15:32:27 - last edited 2021-08-10 04:08:28
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have two Unifi AP's and want to use them on my Omada controlled wireless network. Is this possible to do?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Using Unifi AP's with tpLink network-Solution
2021-08-02 00:13:27 - last edited 2021-08-10 04:08:28

@gargantua Ok I figured it out for those that want to know.  I have 2 Unifi AP's HD Nanos and all I did was download the Unifi network app from Playstore/Apple Store to connect to the AP's then just reset the SSID of each AP to that in my tpLink wireles network and it worked. So in the Unifi app click on your profile image and then select the  stand alone button, then scan the back of the AP or manually type in the ID (AP must be powered on) then you will see it found by the app then you can adjust the setting of SSID and password.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Unifi AP's with tpLink network-Solution
2021-08-02 00:13:27 - last edited 2021-08-10 04:08:28

@gargantua Ok I figured it out for those that want to know.  I have 2 Unifi AP's HD Nanos and all I did was download the Unifi network app from Playstore/Apple Store to connect to the AP's then just reset the SSID of each AP to that in my tpLink wireles network and it worked. So in the Unifi app click on your profile image and then select the  stand alone button, then scan the back of the AP or manually type in the ID (AP must be powered on) then you will see it found by the app then you can adjust the setting of SSID and password.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Using Unifi AP's with tpLink network
2021-08-02 08:20:34 - last edited 2021-08-02 08:23:51

Yep. Good for ya. Basically, create the same SSID and password to get roaming. This would work. You're gonna have the WiFi roaming in your house. BR

BTW, Omada won't adopt any other devices than EAPs. But, EAP can work with other APs/routers with the same SSID and psw.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3011

Replies: 2

Related Articles