EAP245 Stops working when connect to Easy Smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-13 21:43:12
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I hope somebody can offer some advise.

I have a Virgin Media Hub, a TP-Link TL-SG1016PE Easy smart switch and a EAP245 WAP.

The tp link switch is connected to the virgin media router and the EAP245 is connected to the PoE+ port on the TP Link switch.

Every 2-3 weeks the EAP245 stops working. Connected devices cannot get onto the internet, but the SSIDs broadcast. If i plug in a laptop into the switch direct, i can get onto the internet and i can log into the EAP245 with the same laptop via it's ip address. To get the EAP to work again, i have to turn off the switch and turn it back on again.

I then removed the TP-Link Easy smart switch and replace it with an unmanaged PoE switch and the EAP245 works fine.

All the settings on the TP-Link switch have always been set to default.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP245 Stops working when connect to Easy Smart switch
2021-08-30 05:57:13

Dear @WLVAli,

WLVAli wrote

I have a Virgin Media Hub, a TP-Link TL-SG1016PE Easy smart switch and a EAP245 WAP.

The tp link switch is connected to the virgin media router and the EAP245 is connected to the PoE+ port on the TP Link switch.

Every 2-3 weeks the EAP245 stops working. Connected devices cannot get onto the internet, but the SSIDs broadcast. If i plug in a laptop into the switch direct, i can get onto the internet and i can log into the EAP245 with the same laptop via it's ip address. To get the EAP to work again, i have to turn off the switch and turn it back on again.

May I check the firmware version of your TL-SG1016PE? Is it TL-SG1016PE_V2_20191218?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP245 Stops working when connect to Easy Smart switch
2021-08-30 12:13:47

@Fae Hi, Yes that is the correct firmware.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 2