ER605 routing and other issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-05 05:31:42
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210113 Rel.35074

I just got into bed with TP-Link and replaced my home network with TL-SG1016DE switches, and a ER605 Router. It was very attractive to replace my home consumer kit with something that was more akin to the an enterprise kit. I wanted 801.2q VLAN tagging to segregate my network and the ability to setup a VPN in both directions. No Omada was required.

So the setup of the ER605 started well and it looked good. Vlan setups, WAN setup etc. Then I discovered that I couldn't set default routes on each Vlan interface, nor DHCP. As you would all be aware, this functionality was only available in Omada. I actually liked the standalone interface, but I hate Omada. There seems to be a bunch of functionality that does exist as stated in other threads. 

In Omada I managed to setup the VPN on the the second WAN port, and the primary WAN on the first port, and my back up DSL on my third WAN. However my real sticking point now is that I want to route specific IP LAN traffic to the VPN (WAN2) instead of the primary (WAN1). It seems that I can only do policy routing, and there is no way to see the routing table in the router. Also I can't see the status of the VPN link in Omada.

Also I want security between some of the VLAN's. Which brings up the ACL problem, as mentioned in other threads. But if there is some pointers on the routing that would be appreciated.

PS, not so happy with the ER605.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 routing and other issues
2021-10-05 14:24:55

@Gomesnz 

I would update to the 1.1.1 firmware level. Some of the things you mention missing are added. Such as vpn status and routing tables.

Options
2021-10-06 03:51:08

@warllo 

warllo wrote

@Gomesnz 

I would update to the 1.1.1 firmware level. Some of the things you mention missing are added. Such as vpn status and routing tables.

Thanks Warllo. Upgrading the firmware was one of the first things I looked and according to this site, I had the latest and not so greatest. 

I will have a look on the USA site and see if there is a different version.

tks

Options
2021-10-06 03:56:08
Yeah I found it on the USA site. Let me try it many thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1819

Replies: 4

Related Articles