Manual IP reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Manual IP reservation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Manual IP reservation
Manual IP reservation
2021-10-18 18:19:07

Is there a way to create a manual IP reservation?  When i spun up my TL-ER7206 I had some hardware that had static addresses and they do not show up in the clients or insight tabs.  Some of them have lost all communication.  I am slowly replacing my existing switches with tplink omada switches, and the equipment that I am having issues with are still connected to legacy switches.  I am guessing that this is part of the problem. I am hoping that a manual IP reservation may help the issue. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Manual IP reservation
2021-10-19 02:54:46

@Grmll As I understand it, the controller mechanism is this: your device first gets an IP from the controller, then you configure a static IP, and your static IP needs to be in your DHCP range.

Options
2021-10-19 05:45:32

@Yannie 

If I were spinning up a new network that would be no big deal.  But reconfiguring existing equipment from multiple vendors that have had a static IP for years will complicate the standup greatly.

Options
2021-10-22 08:37:13

@Grmll understand. But there is no good way to solve this problem for the time being. maybe we can only expect tplink to solve these problems in the future.sad

Options
2021-10-22 19:20:37

@Yannie 

Hopefully someone is reading these posts and it wil make it a higher priority on their radar.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 655

Replies: 4

Related Articles