EAP245 random WAN connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-25 19:23:49
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 TP-Link EAP245 access points connected to an ASUS router via switch. I've had them for about 2 years and they had been working great. However the last few weeks I keep having random connectivity problems where the access points will not be able to connect out to the internet.  I have noticed when this happens that going to the router address (192.168.0.1) brings up the TP Link login page instead of the usual router page.  I can still connect to my internal network devices (even non-wireless) that but it won't reach anything external. My wired devices can reach the internet fine.

The EAPs have static IPs reserved and have the fallback IPs set to those IPs.

It will randomly happen for 10-15 minutes then work again fine for an hour or 2.

Hoping someone else might have suggestions on what the issue could be?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP245 random WAN connectivity issues
2021-10-26 09:08:29

@morgothtdo 

You can try to upgrade EAP's firmware version to test.
Need to check if the Router is stable.

You can also check whether PC will have drop-out issue if the PC is connected to the Switch directly.

BTW, check if has IP conflicts in your network.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 1

Related Articles