Question regarding network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-30 12:19:48

Hi,

I am thinking to swap everything to Omada environment, however, I am not sure about one aspect. Currently I have one location without an ethernet cable and I use an router to make a bridge to connect a few devicesvie ethernet through the bridged router to the main network.

I am not sure if this is possibly to be achieved with EAP or any other Omada environment device. Basically I need to connect with *something* to an EAP620 (I think to use this one as one of the APs in the network) and use either the inbuilt ports to connect the devices via ethernet or use an additional switch if only one port will be available.

I am as well not sure if when the EAP620 v2 will connect via mesh if the ethernet port can be used as downstream.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thx, Tomas

Options
3 Reply
Re:Question regarding network connection
2021-10-31 07:17:42

@tsalat 

EAP620 can not support Mesh now, but it is said that a new firmware version will be released to support it, and I am watching the official website, too.

The port on the EAP are all normal Ethernet/LAN ports.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2021-10-31 08:26:00

@Virgo 

Thank you for your answer. I was browsing Google for the past of 24h and you are right. Hence, the 610 sounds like a better option now.

From your answer Iam not sure about the downlink of the LAN port. If the 610 will be connected via mesh, does the LAN port would work as downlink and hence I could connect an device to it? Or a switch and thus multiple devices? I couldn't find information regarding this and this is my only concern right now.

Thx, tomas

Options
2021-11-04 13:38:11

@tsalat  Now I have EAP620HD v1 and EAP265HD at home. Both points are connected by a POE wire to TL-SG2008P. The TL-R605 gateway and the OC200 controller are also on the network. There are about 20 devices in the network. The transition between the points is invisible in any way. It works perfectly. There is a little difference in the work between these points. And it is visible only on the charts.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 3

Related Articles