Pharos CPE210 - copy wireless network settings from wired connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-31 14:42:45 - last edited 2021-11-01 01:18:08
Model: CPE210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

In order to extend the inhouse wifi network (e.g. with name 'indoorwifi'), my internet provider provides Access Points (boosters) which can be connected to the wired network. These Access Points then copy all network settings from the modem and they behave as new routers broadcasting the original wifi network ('indoorwifi'). 

I was wondering if it is possible to configure the Pharos CPE210 so it behaves in the same way as these Access Points, so that it is connected by cable, copies the network settings from the modem and broadcasts the 'indoorwifi' network.

If I configure it in AP (router) mode, I need to create a new SSID and password, but I want the original wifi netwerk settings ('indoorwifi') so devices can connect to only 1 wifi network. The repeater mode repeats a wifi network, but the wifi network doesn't reach that far...

Thank you in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Pharos CPE210 - copy wireless network settings from wired connection
2021-10-31 18:29:12 - last edited 2021-11-01 01:18:08

@H2SO4 

The Pharos system is a business grade solution and therefore doesnt have the "clone setting" that comes with home grade devices.   You can however log into the IP address of the Pharos device and manually set the settings the same as the rest of your network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 1