Wired Users Counts, IP addresses and connected ports jumping between switches in Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wired Users Counts, IP addresses and connected ports jumping between switches in Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-26 04:35:25
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20210914 Rel.39912

Hi @Fae, TP-Link Team,

I have Fortinet 60F router with LAN1 connected to 2-SW-B-MAIN switch, LAN2 connected to RC-SW-A switch, LAN3 - OC300 Omada. 

RC-SW-B, 3-SW-B, 4-SW-B, 5-SW-B connected to 2-SW-B-MAIN

RC-SW-B has 9 IP cams as wired clients.

3-SW-B, 4-SW-B, 5-SW-B - have 3 IP cams each as wired clients. 

RC-SW-A - has 4 IP cams as wired clients. 

I see very weird pictures in the Statistics clients list: 

Table with IP addresses and connections jumps every second if I refresh the page. 

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thank you!

We craft reliable solutions | 1.855.888.0169 | https://cctv-ca.com
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wired Users Counts, IP addresses and connected ports jumping between switches in Omada
2021-11-29 06:59:42

@Alex_UTS 

I tested it out. Every time you click the "Client" it will refresh the page and will not table with the IP. If you click "Client" every single time, it will reset to the default view of the table.

If this is it, this is normal. Unless you click the refresh button on the top right area. It'll not reset to the default view. And, table with the IP still applies to this "Client" list. 

Options
Re:Wired Users Counts, IP addresses and connected ports jumping between switches in Omada
2021-11-29 16:18:55

Hi @John1234,

Thank you for your reply. This I understand, but the open question - why Statistic -> User Counts graph is a "crazy saw"?

Options
2021-11-30 06:29:58 - last edited 2021-11-30 06:35:51

@Alex_UTS 

Sorry that I have to zoom in on my browser to view the pics. 

I reviewed the pics of the switch you mentioned. It fluctuates AAAA lot! 

The EAP235, is that EAP235-Wall? Do you have devices connected to the ETH ports? I remember the ports on the EAP will pass the Clients to the switch. The PC, for example, connects to the ETH port on EAP235-Wall, the map will show this device connects to the Switch instead. I heard people saying the chipset of EAP will not process the ETH ports. It's like a dummy switch. 

Edited: About the cameras connected to this switch, do they have external power or use PoE from the switch? 

Edited: I am confused too. Is that possible that your devices sleep and wake up by the network requests? So, you have such fluctuation?? Weird 

Options
2021-12-01 01:17:33

Hi @John1234,

I got a confirmation from the TP-Link Support Team - they found the issue and working on the update. Lets wait for good news asap. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 4

Related Articles