EAP225 - can connect but it says no internet access - one solution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-01 17:21:03 - last edited 2021-12-02 01:03:39
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just set up my new EAP225-Outdoor AP last night.  Got through the initial setup items using the web interface, went outside to check connection and could connect, but a note under connection status said "no internet available".

It was given an IP address by the router and I was able to configure it with a laptop on the network so it would seem everything is working other than the lack of internet connection.  I was also able to log into the AP's web interface as well as devices within my home network using my phone (wifi connected to the AP) outside.

Upon further investigation (checking my connection status on my main router) I noticed it was blocked, so allowed it (I have MAC filtering set up to allow only recognized devices) and saved.  Now I have internet access.  Oddly it showed up as a wired device - apparently the router sees the phone as wired because it is connecting through the AP which is wired.

Anyway, I saw several others who had similar issues so thought I would post this as it might help them to gain internet access, if they have things in their router set up similar to mine.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 - can connect but it says no internet access - one solution
2021-12-02 05:36:50

@rhchadwick Thanks for sharing your case w/ us. 

So, in most cases, you run into no internet on the EAP, it is just a wire issue. 

This is common when people use this stuff. It is an Access Point. Check your hardwire connection

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/251018

When you add new devices to the network, if you have set some ACL/security/firewall rules on your router, you need to check the rules. If they block the connection, it is not an issue with the EAP. Simply a mis-config

Your router shows that as a wire connection. That could be your Router did not recognize that properly. I have an ASUS router, some clients are not properly recognized. Common. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3391

Replies: 1

Related Articles