[OMADA SDN][BUG] UI bug in enabling the Managment interface on switch SG2210-MP.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[OMADA SDN][BUG] UI bug in enabling the Managment interface on switch SG2210-MP.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-16 15:19:05 - last edited 2022-01-19 11:43:39
Model: SG2210MP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1/1.0.2

TLDR: Cannot enable Managment VLAN on omada switches because of a UI bug. You can find a workaround at the end of the post.

Hello,

I think I found a bug in the Omada SDN web interface. I've connected a new SG2210-MP switch temporanely to a port and adopted it successfully. Before moving it to the final location, I want to set the management interface to a specific VLAN. If I try to enable the management VLAN by clicking the toggle button, a different section appears and disapperes (the IP address mode), see the following screenshots:

Moreover, for some reason, I must go to the Vlan config sections and from there go to the services tab, otherwise, the toggle button of management vlan does not appear:

As a workaround, I successfully changed the managment vlan by doing a "Batch Config", but I hope that this issue would be solved in the next release.

Thank you

best regards

Alex

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[OMADA SDN][BUG] UI bug in enabling the Managment interface on switch SG2210-MP.-Solution
2022-01-17 09:56:13 - last edited 2022-01-19 11:43:39

@ab12 

You may have misunderstood the controller.
As far as I know, L3 interface has been added to the software since 1.0.1, which was originally IP Settings, but was later changed to VLAN Interface as you can see now.

The management VLAN settings under Service have been moved to the VLAN Interface menu accordingly, and tplink have added a reminder to Service to remind customers to go to the VLAN Interface to configure it, in case we can't find it lol.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:[OMADA SDN][BUG] UI bug in enabling the Managment interface on switch SG2210-MP.-Solution
2022-01-17 09:56:13 - last edited 2022-01-19 11:43:39

@ab12 

You may have misunderstood the controller.
As far as I know, L3 interface has been added to the software since 1.0.1, which was originally IP Settings, but was later changed to VLAN Interface as you can see now.

The management VLAN settings under Service have been moved to the VLAN Interface menu accordingly, and tplink have added a reminder to Service to remind customers to go to the VLAN Interface to configure it, in case we can't find it lol.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:[OMADA SDN][BUG] UI bug in enabling the Managment interface on switch SG2210-MP.
2022-01-17 20:34:52

Hi @Virgo 

Actually it makes sense. IMHO, the new behaviour looks a bit confusing. I bet that in a couple of months, the next time I'll have to configure a new switch, I'll make the very same mistake. Fortunately this time I'll find this thread and figure out the configuration.

Thank you for your help.

Alex

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1343

Replies: 2

Related Articles