How to connect locally (extract config) to EAP with controller device account?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-02 11:41:21 - last edited 2022-03-02 12:01:55
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.0.4

Hello,

I recently had my controller fail after starting the firmware update remotely via omada.tplinkcloud.com.

Firmware including backup were corrupted, and I had to go on site and do a factory reset.

I don't want to reconfigure 50+ EAPs again now that they finally worked fine and all channel/power settings were set individually.

So I'm looking for a way to connect to each EAP localy (going to scipt it), to extract there config.

Can this be done?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect locally (extract config) to EAP with controller device account?
2022-03-03 07:37:26

Tortax wrote

Hello,

I recently had my controller fail after starting the firmware update remotely via omada.tplinkcloud.com.

Firmware including backup were corrupted, and I had to go on site and do a factory reset.

I don't want to reconfigure 50+ EAPs again now that they finally worked fine and all channel/power settings were set individually.

So I'm looking for a way to connect to each EAP localy (going to scipt it), to extract there config.

Can this be done?

Hi  @Tortax ,

Sorry currently we are not able to extract the config from the EAP. I will report the requirement to our D&R department. 

However I want to know more about your controller "corrupted" issue. It may help us figure out what happens and prevent it from happening again.

Do you still remember the original firmware version of your controller? And which version you upgraded to? 

Can you describe more details about the "corrupted"? What did you see and tested?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 1

Related Articles