Exclude Network Interface from Omada Software Controller (5.0.30)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-10 14:43:03
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Is there a way to exclude a network range or interface from the "Omada Software Controller (Linux)" v5.0.30 on CentOS 7, asking because the controller keeps trying to get on hold on some network ranges (that shouldn't have) and every 5 minutes keeps spamming this line in my log for every network range i had:

03-10-2022 08:35:37.506 WARN [https-jsse-nio-8043-exec-6] [] c.t.s.o.c.u.d.a(151): Failed to parse /10.1.0.1/24 [null], Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

Is there a configuration or way to exclude the controller from trying to?

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Exclude Network Interface from Omada Software Controller (5.0.30)
2022-03-11 12:02:51

@TIJIBA-InaipYuc 

Just to confirm your question briefly, you mean that your controller always tries to go back to a certain IP range and you don't want your controller's IP to be in a range like 10.1.0.1, right?
Do you have any other problems with the controller in practice, apart from the logs prompting this problem?
If you set a static IP to your Linux system, does that solve the problem?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-03-14 15:12:35
No, M using the Omada Software Controller in a in-house linux router just to manage my tp-link APs, i dont have anything (no gateway/router, switches, etc), this linux router has several static ips set, some wans, some ip ranges (vlans) to specific to vpn clients and iot devices and the main LAN-NAT, is in this range that the omada controller is mostly serving his clients the range is the usual 192.168.1.0/24 and it works flawlessly just it seems odd that controller is always spamming that range, like he is trying to control that network. So my question is very simple: How do you tell the Omada Software Controller to only look in a specific interface? is is it possible to exclude ranges that i don't want the controller messing around? i can firewall everything with iptables but that null pointer exception its keeps bugging me.
Options
2022-03-21 09:55:41

@TIJIBA-InaipYuc 

It seems that this problem has nothing to do with the controller.

The IP of the software controller depends on your own network configuration and it is recommended that you check your specific settings.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options