Software Controler

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Software Controler

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Software Controler
Software Controler
2022-03-10 17:53:08
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

I have updated this unit to the latest firmware and have the newest version of the controller installed and running.  The router is fully configured currently using the webportal for the router.   The controller is fully setup with the cloud account etc.    Every time i try to onboard it into the controller (regardless of what i select during the process in regards to wan links etc) it bricks the router and it is stuck in provisioning status in the controller forever.   I have let it sit there for 30 mins and it never moves on.   I ended up just resetting the router and reloading my previously backed up configure.   I have tried this 3 times now and every time is the same.  

THe controller version is 5.1.7  - the router is a V1 hardware with 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

Options
5 Reply
Re:Software Controler
2022-03-11 07:50:45

@Fuzzy_EA 

Is the controller on the same LAN as the router, have you checked the firewall on the PC running the controller? make sure that the network card is not public on the PC. also use 64bit java if you have 64 bit windows.
if you have windows 11 I do not know much about it, but on windows 10 this is not a problem if you look at what I wrote above.

Options
2022-03-11 08:43:19

Dear @Fuzzy_EA ,

Fuzzy_EA wrote

Every time i try to onboard it into the controller (regardless of what i select during the process in regards to wan links etc) it bricks the router and it is stuck in provisioning status in the controller forever.   I have let it sit there for 30 mins and it never moves on.   I ended up just resetting the router and reloading my previously backed up configure.   I have tried this 3 times now and every time is the same.  

THe controller version is 5.1.7  - the router is a V1 hardware with 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

1. Please follow this article to try again: How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?

2. If this issue still exits, please check whether the IP of ER605 and controller are in the same subnet.

If you ping router's IP from controller side, can it ping through?

3. You can also try turning off the firewall and anti-virus software to test.

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-11 15:30:44

@Fuzzy_EA   this is a clean machine, no firewall rules on the box and no sercurity packages.   It is running the newest version of java that was linked to during the controler install.     It does have both 32 and 64 bit java installed.  this is on the lan side of the environment.  It is accessing the router from a seperate switch that connected to the routher through a trunk port.   Does it have to be phsically conected to the router for some reason?

Options
2022-03-14 08:48:58

@Fuzzy_EA 

There is no requirement to link the machine to the router. As long as they're in the same LAN, and no firewall on the machine blocks the ports, it can discover as expected.

Please double-check the port. Since the new V5 has changed its port, make sure it is open.

I understand it's a new machine. But, for the system, that may have built-in firewalls. Like Windows firewall. If necessary, you can manually open the port.

Which ports do Omada SDN Controller and Omada Discovery Utility use? (above Controller 5.0.15)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-03-30 17:01:46
There was a problem with default IP address. It was not possible to add router under omada controller with different subnet other than router default. You have to change controller subnet to match the default router subnet. Connect gateway to omada And change subnet to whatever you like.
Options