firewall configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

firewall configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
firewall configuration
firewall configuration
2022-04-04 10:59:24
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.14.3

pls anyone help me, i want to enable whatsapp calls enable on omada oc200 and er7206 vpn router, how can i do enable this feature.

Options
5 Reply
Re:firewall configuration
2022-04-05 06:12:20 - last edited 2022-04-05 06:13:13

@Veerabhadra_515 

What do you mean by that? Do you want to open ports? 

First things first, are you running double NAT? WAN stats of your router, what is the IP? Is that private or public?

Next, by default, you should not have any problem with the firewall config since the router should allow apps to go through them and communicate.

Nobody here can help if you don't make it clearer. Just make blind guesses.

Options
2022-04-05 11:14:24

@John1234 

Its in default settings & I didnt do any configurations for firewall allocation, more over i dont know about that to configure. I want you to help me for the configuration.

I wants to allow all my clients to call on whatsapp and IMO. I tried some thing what ever i can do to my knowledge but whenever i try there is connection problem so i set it default.

Options
2022-04-05 11:17:32

John1234 wrote

@Veerabhadra_515 

What do you mean by that? Do you want to open ports? 

First things first, are you running double NAT? WAN stats of your router, what is the IP? Is that private or public?

Next, by default, you should not have any problem with the firewall config since the router should allow apps to go through them and communicate.

Nobody here can help if you don't make it clearer. Just make blind guesses.

Have a look at the attachement

Options
2022-04-06 10:22:55

@Veerabhadra_515 

What are the suggestions from whatsapp support?

There is nothing you need to set. What function do you need to tweak? What you described, to me, it looks like you want to port forward. 

Are you able to use whatsapp in your region? For some countries, there is access control in your country that cannot be lifted. 

Options
2022-04-24 14:33:08

@John1234 

here whatsapp calls are blocked by network provider, however in microtik router they can configure for enabling whatsapp and imo calls by prioritize both, like same why tp-link not providing. 

Options