Can't configure EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't configure EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't configure EAP225
Can't configure EAP225
2022-04-06 01:00:45 - last edited 2022-04-06 03:40:34
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone, 

I'm currently facing  a problem when trying to configure my EAP225. I have a modem+wireless router from the internet company and I'm trying to use the AP to extend the wifi signal. When I connect the EAP225 via Ethernet to the router I can connect to it's WLAN and it works just fine with the default configuration (no password and default SSID).

The fact is: my goal is to have the same SSID as my wireless router so I tried to configure the AP to change the password and SSID through my phone, via the OMADA app and got "no APs found in the Lan" when I'm connected to the EAP225 WLAN. Since that didn't work, I tried using the IP of the AP that I got in the router setup page and tried to configure via browser. No success either, the "website" is not found. Tried the http://tplinkaeap.net/ and got the same result. Already tried the OMADA CONTROLLER and no device is found.

Right now I'm running out of options, don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is some kind of incompatible.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't configure EAP225
2022-04-06 09:43:48

@Luca98 

I still suspect that your physical connection is not correct. You can refer to the installation video for a double-check.https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/eap225/#video

If that is in the same subnet, the same network, there is no way that your Controller cannot find it. It's so weird. 

Better check the hardware version too. EAP225 V3 is the omada v4 compatible one. For the OMADA app connect, that is one of the easiest ways to configure it. 

Everything for configuration is based on a correct physical installation. When your EAP is getting a valid IP from the DHCP server, it'll show up in the Standalone APs on your app. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 1

Related Articles