ER605 blocking text messages, and photos? Any ideas?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-06 05:21:54
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

I am having weird issues after I setup my ER605. Things like text messages won't send till I kill wifi. Or photos within apps won't load till I kill wifi. Also, clicking some sites like a wiki site spin for like a minute, then load fine.

My wifi/router firewall is disabled, DHCP is only handled by the firewall, most everything else works fine.

Are there any settings I can try to disable in my firewall to see if it helps these issues?

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 blocking text messages, and photos? Any ideas?
2022-04-07 02:14:18

@webadmin 

"Also, clicking some sites like a wiki site spin for like a minute, then load fine."

This may indicate a DNS configuration issue.

Kris K
Options
2022-04-07 06:27:50 - last edited 2022-04-07 11:15:54

@webadmin 

Hi. Are you setting up anything like DNS to your WAN or LAN(DHCP)?

Please make sure that your WAN DNS is not manually set to a local IP address which is definitely causing issues like unable to access some websites.

If you have set up your own DNS server, please make sure that is set to DNS under DHCP. At the same time, make sure the DNS set up by yourself is working properly and not blocking some sites. There are some ad-blocking DNS servers like pi-hole. Please check if you have such DNS servers or not.

By default settings, (the firewall rules/routing on the)router will not actively block your app/services/internet access.

BTW, do you have any other configurations set? Like ACL, block certain services or ports?

Is your modem router working properly? Are you able to connect to it and receive text messages?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-07 17:34:20

@Hank21 I have only set DNS to point to cloudflare's DNS, 1.1.1.1

I haven't changed any other default settings.

Options
2022-04-07 18:08:00

@webadmin 

You need to describe your setup, i.e. connections between your ISP modem, router and WiFi AP. What's your AP and how did you set it up? Also, can you run a ping test on those WiFi devices you have problems with? One with an IP address and one with a DNS name.

Kris K
Options
2022-04-07 18:16:10

@KJK Thanks for following up. Let me give this a day or two, and see if I can replicate these issues more. I did get a new address from my isp after I rebooted my modem, and I haven't noticed as many issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 5

Related Articles