Easy voucher creation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Easy voucher creation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Easy voucher creation
Easy voucher creation
2022-04-08 03:29:08
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

I have a set up in a cafe with a portal and vouchers for the internet. Works fine however I would like to pass the job of voucher creation down to the cafe staff. However doing so gives them access to the backend settings which is asking for trouble. 

is there a simple access for the voucher manager only or some other system/app that let's a non technical staff create additional vouchers?

seems like this should be a common need and standard feature.

maybe I'm missing something obvious??

Options
9 Reply
Re:Easy voucher creation
2022-04-08 07:28:53 - last edited 2022-04-08 08:15:23

@malcoski 

Hi. You can bookmark the link which you can use to access the Voucher Manager. If your browser has a cache that your Controller is logged in and online, you can directly access that URL and create more codes for customers.

To create more codes are easy, open the URL > Voucher > Create Vouchers > Set amount (500 codes max) > done!

If you trust your cafe manager, you can get him a local/cloud account to do that.

BTW, one code can be used for multiple times or you can limit online users of one code. Check this function out when you generate codes.

Options
2022-04-08 08:10:48 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:31:19

EDIT

Options
2022-04-09 06:32:30

@Hank21 this is a great solution, and pretty simple to implement via our Pos pc so ill try this now!

thanks!

Options
2022-04-09 06:37:48

@btx hi thanks for the answer. I'd love other ways to generate codes or have them available via the pos but I haven't seen much on actually doing this??

Would love to rely on an ERP company but our setup is all from me! :) not many external skill sets available where I am!!

not keen to give all our staff access just a manager who can use when needed, though I would prefer a fully automatic system as you hinted at...

Options
2022-04-09 10:24:38 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:31:10

EDIT

Options
2022-05-19 12:27:12 - last edited 2022-05-19 12:27:38

@btx 

The ERP integration is interesting. I have a question though regarding the API. Haven't tested yet that's why.

Can I create a  preferred voucher using the API? I mean can my ERP system generate its own voucher code, then pass it to Omada for creation or the other way around. Like vouchers are already generated from Omada and the ERP will just fetch one accordingly.

Options
2022-05-19 23:10:14 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:31:00

EDIT

Options
2022-05-20 06:28:09

btx wrote

@bontokiz  hello, yes, you can.

You can run as a web service too, it does not need to be part of ERP for voucher integration, but for a company running ERP it is of course "requested", as whatever is done outside ERP produces not only costs, but it is normally hard to maintain some scripts of somebody which have to be decypherd and understood first.

If you have ERP system, normally billing is part of it. Then again depending on your ERP and databases you simply add one additional field on each bill, where the ERP in the background has the information about bills timestamp and according to that timestamp validity is set, voucher created, confirmed/validated then printed. You can then also have different bills, with different expiration for different vlans. As a developer one has always a lot of usefull ideas what to implement, but at the end the customer will always complain mostly about cosmetic things, that's why keeping it simple is always the best. Years ago when QR code was unknown to most, I used it together with a line where code was printed (qr for mobile devices, code if one has issues with qr code). A lot depends of course on your ERP and already available programs/reports/db's.

If you run as a company some SAP/Oracle ERP (except those products for small companies), then you probably do have everything that you need, you will have to consult a project manager or talk to some developer, if you explain it to the dev properly, this really should not take longer than 1 hour, considering testing and reading some documentation, I would say 1 day is even more than enough for a certified developer, a week for junior.

Here is a documentation for the api, pass it to a dev and ask simply how long it would take to create it and how much it would cost.

Hope that helps.

@btx 

Well it's great that I create my own voucher and pass it to the controller programmatically because that's not possible from the portal I believe. You are just able to control the length of the voucher. 

I'm a web developer so I'm familiar with APIs but I am not able to see anything related to vouchers with the API you linked. 

Options
2022-05-21 00:41:15 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:30:49

EDIT

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 705

Replies: 9