EAP610 stuck in Wireless backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 23:12:05
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.02

I'm new to this SDN thing ... I recently bought an ER605, and 3 EAP610 APs; when I realized the Gateway didn't do POE, I also bought an SG1005P mainly to run the 610s via cable for POE and presumably wired backhaul. I am using the PC based s/w install. I intend to run one of the units out to the shop via a 150' waterproof wire buried in conduit. The WAN connection is Starlink.

While I waited for the Starlink ethernet adapter to arrive, I plugged up each EAP610 to the ER605 just to see what setup was like, etc. Before I was done I reset each unit. When everything was here and controller software was up and running I plugged it all together ... the WAN, 605 and two 610 units came up fairly easy. I got my linux box connected via LAN connection and phones/Windows PCs via wifi ... all good, except for the last 610 keeps trying to connect wirelessly to another 610. It had to be the one in the shop so I swapped two and they all work. But I wired it for a reason; how do I force it to recognize wired connection? It gets POE power from it so it is there. It acts the same regardless of which cable so presumably not a cabling issue. Anyway, thank you for any assistance you can provide.

TheN00b

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP610 stuck in Wireless backhaul?
2022-05-26 06:59:38

@afphinfan 

EAP's wireless bridging has another name, called Mesh, if you do not need EAP for wireless connection in your network, then you can disable the Mesh.

And make sure your EAPs are wired to the front-end switch, and the network cables are working properly and stable.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 1

Related Articles