Communication Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Communication Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Communication Problem
Communication Problem
2022-07-06 08:16:27 - last edited 2022-07-06 16:08:18
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.21

Good morning

I want your help for the follow issue.

I have a network with Omada controller software running on a computer

The switches that I have connected are the follows. In lS108G with two terminals, in SG1210P six cameras are connected, in SF1005P two EAP115 v4.0 APs are connected, in SG1024P five terminals and three printers are connected, In SG2008 v3 the wiring is as below. In port1 Omada software PC, in port two are the cameras with vlan30, in port3 are Wi-Fi, in port6 ​​are the terminals and printers with vlan20, in port7 are the two terminals with vlan10 and in port8 is the uplink.

I have not created any ACL rules yet.

The problem is that when I want to print from vlan10, which are the two terminals on vlan20, which are the printers, I cannot. The message that the printers give me is that they are offline. I have the same problem from the computer running the Omada software controller.

The IP address of the router is 192.168.55.1/24

Can someone help me with this problem?

Iam waiting for your answer

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Communication Problem-Solution
2022-07-06 12:39:24 - last edited 2022-07-06 16:08:18

MYN wrote

Good morning

The switches that I have connected are the follows. In lS108G with two terminals, in SG1210P six cameras are connected, in SF1005P two EAP115 v4.0 APs are connected, in SG1024P five terminals and three printers are connected, In SG2008 v3 the wiring is as below. In port1 Omada software PC, in port two are the cameras with vlan30, in port3 are Wi-Fi, in port6 ​​are the terminals and printers with vlan20, in port7 are the two terminals with vlan10 and in port8 is the uplink.

The problem is that when I want to print from vlan10, which are the two terminals on vlan20, which are the printers, I cannot. The message that the printers give me is that they are offline. I have the same problem from the computer running the Omada software controller.

@MYN Strikes me that you are using a number of switches which are not VLAN compliant.  A better equipment list & layout would assist.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Communication Problem-Solution
2022-07-06 12:39:24 - last edited 2022-07-06 16:08:18

MYN wrote

Good morning

@MYN Strikes me that you are using a number of switches which are not VLAN compliant.  A better equipment list & layout would assist.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Communication Problem
2022-07-07 08:32:21

Thank you for your answer.

I will try to connect only one terminal from each network to the SG2008 switch as well as a printer to see if it prints.
And I will configure the ports according to the vlans of each terminal.

Thank you again for your answer

Options
2022-07-08 09:19:39

Good morning again

I connected a printer and a computer to two free ports on the SG2008 switch. I set them to two different vlans. One vlan is the one that has the printers, so I put the printer in it and connected the computer to the vlan from where I want to print.
The result was exactly the same, that is, it does not see the printer. It shows the printer as offline.
Well, it doesn't matter that the switches I've used don't support vlan configuration.
Thanks

Options
2022-07-08 11:34:10

@MYN Does it work if you put the PC and the printer on the same vlan?  If so, make sure the printer has the proper default gateway set.

Also, how are you connecting to the printer?  Are you using an explicit IP address or some other method?  Have you tried removing and re-adding the printer since you changed the network topology?

Options
2022-07-08 13:13:40

MYN wrote

Good morning again

I connected a printer and a computer to two free ports on the SG2008 switch. I set them to two different vlans. One vlan is the one that has the printers, so I put the printer in it and connected the computer to the vlan from where I want to print.
The result was exactly the same, that is, it does not see the printer. It shows the printer as offline.
Well, it doesn't matter that the switches I've used don't support vlan configuration.
Thanks

@MYN I'll say again that some of your switches ARE NOT vlan compliant & will not function in transmitting vlan specific data in your setup.  Without some schematic diagram of how you have things connected, it is not possible to advise you further.

Options
2022-07-08 16:49:32

Hello again

When the printers are on the same vlan they work fine.
The gateway is the right one. As you will see in the diagram, there is a problem between vlan10 and vlan20.
When I try to print from vlan10 the printers are offline. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. The printers get IP addresses from DHCP and not static ones.
I am sending you the diagram of the network with the switches and ports I use.
This morning the test I did was to put a printer on port 4 and set to vlan20 and on port 5 a laptop and set to vlan10. I didn't use these two ports, but nothing worked before either.
Thank you

File:
net.pdfDownload
Options
2022-07-08 17:17:14

@MYN 

MYN wrote

Hello again

When the printers are on the same vlan they work fine.
The gateway is the right one. As you will see in the diagram, there is a problem between vlan10 and vlan20.
When I try to print from vlan10 the printers are offline. I haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. The printers get IP addresses from DHCP and not static ones.

So when you add the printers to the workstation, how are you doing that?  If you using some kind of broadcast protocol that won't work across subnets on it's own.

I would try changing the printer settings on one of the workstations to use the IP of one of the printers and see if that works.  If so, you can use dhcp reservation to make sure the IPs don't change.

Options
2022-07-19 09:30:36

Hello again.

I want to inform you that the problem I had with the prints has been solved. 
As user alex789 had mentioned, I reinstalled the printers with the new ip address of the vlan and they are now working properly. 
Thanks for the help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 8

Related Articles