Traffic monitor Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Traffic monitor Omada

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Traffic monitor Omada
Traffic monitor Omada
2022-07-07 10:17:25
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
I have a TP-link TL-ER605 gateway and an EA245 ap. But my 16 port switch is not from TP-Link. When I look in my omada software, the traffic dose not match (download / upload) for each client on the wired clients. For example if I download a file to a computer of 2 GB the download for this client in only showing 7 Mb.

It seems to work on my accespoint (the download is matching the traffic on clients)

I want to monitor eatch client traffic
Do I need another 16 port switch from TP-link for this to work?
Options
6 Reply
Re:Traffic monitor Omada
2022-07-07 13:18:50 - last edited 2022-07-07 13:19:28

I would assume you would need a full-stack to get the fullest reporting capabilities from the controller.

The switch would run DHCP Snooping and other protocols to fill in data within the controller.

Now it's trying to gather data but doesn't know where it's coming from. AKA the non-TP Link Switch.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-07-07 14:03:40 - last edited 2022-07-07 14:04:11

Mr.J.D wrote

For example if I download a file to a computer of 2 GB the download for this client in only showing 7 Mb.

@Mr.J.D 

When you do this transfer is the traffic being pulled across the ER605 or is it being handled inside the switch?  Would need to understand your physical and logical topology to answer this better.

If it is being handled by the switch, there is no way for Omada to see it.

Options
2022-07-07 14:56:10

@KimcheeGUN 

That makes sens, so do you think a "smart switch" would do the job? Like TP-Link TL-SG1016DE (16-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Switch) 

Options
2022-07-07 15:23:36

@Mr.J.D 

You will have to look at the switch specs to see if it will be adoptable to Omada Controller.

I do not think that switch model can be managed by the Omada Controller.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2022-07-07 15:28:49

@Mr.J.D We probably should ask if you are using the controller or not.  Assuming you are, I think the least expensive 16-port switch that is Omada capable is the SG2218.  The full list is available here.

Options
2022-07-07 18:50:41

@Mr.J.D 

I am using the omada controller (RPI 4 install) 

Your are right, the switch I listed dosen't seem to have the option for omada controller. I'll have a closer look at the tp link webpage and the specifications og the switches

Options