DDNS issues with Multi-Port WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-14 12:07:02 - last edited 2022-07-26 16:25:40
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi there, I have been succesfully using OpenVPN for months, together with a dyndns account to resolve server name.

I have recently (in last few weeks), been finding that the DynDNS account is not updating to the WAN IP of the selected router.

Strangely the IP that the DynDNS has is the same as in one or two of my network PC's. I have checked the other WAN modems, and none of them have this IP address.

My query is does the SDN / Multi-WAN router create a different WAN. I know this sounds far fetched, but I can't get to bottom of it.

Am worried something happened in last update. Alternately router is dodgy, but that shows the correct WAN.

At my wits end on this one - if anyone has experienced similar issue or has suggestion, I'm all ears.

PS: Would be really great if the SDN could show you the IP address of the various WAN connections.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:DDNS issues with Multi-Port WAN-Solution
2022-07-26 16:25:30 - last edited 2022-07-26 16:25:40

@toac Hi there, for those following this issue. I did a full reboot of the OC200 and all four LTE modems, and this problem has resolved itself. Been working solid for about a week.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:DDNS issues with Multi-Port WAN
2022-07-18 11:28:24

toac wrote

Hi there, I have been succesfully using OpenVPN for months, together with a dyndns account to resolve server name.

I have recently (in last few weeks), been finding that the DynDNS account is not updating to the WAN IP of the selected router.

Strangely the IP that the DynDNS has is the same as in one or two of my network PC's. I have checked the other WAN modems, and none of them have this IP address.

My query is does the SDN / Multi-WAN router create a different WAN. I know this sounds far fetched, but I can't get to bottom of it.

Am worried something happened in last update. Alternately router is dodgy, but that shows the correct WAN.

At my wits end on this one - if anyone has experienced similar issue or has suggestion, I'm all ears.

PS: Would be really great if the SDN could show you the IP address of the various WAN connections.  

Hi  @toac 

To use DDNS feature, you need to have public IP on the WAN port.

Could you please check the WAN IP of your ER7206? It can be found on Devices->Choose ER7206->Right menu.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-18 15:25:56

Hi @Hank21 , thanks for response, but that is the IP address given out from the modem that is plugged into the multi-WAN router. My isue is that the DDNS resolves addris WAN IP given out from the modem. The SDN should detect the public IP of the specific modem/port and send that to the DDNS service. The updates are not happening correctly. 

Options
2022-07-19 05:21:21

Hi  @toac 

Please configure your Modem to bridge mode, so it can release public IP to the tplink router WAN port directly. That's how DDNS function work, it only detect the WAN IP of the router not the public IP.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-07-19 05:41:22

@Hank21 thanks for suggestion. Will check, but dont think my LTE modems have bridge mode.

Still doesn't explain why this worked perfectly for months and recently stopped updating DDNS erraticly.

If I do a modem reboot, it detects the change, and updates DynDNS, but does not seem to update again.

If the PC's on network can detect public IP (using whatismyip, the SDN should be able to show this).

I love the TP-Link SDN system, and think this would be a great feature to add for troubleshooting.

Options
2022-07-19 09:26:55 - last edited 2022-10-13 11:06:20

EDIT

Options
Re:DDNS issues with Multi-Port WAN-Solution
2022-07-26 16:25:30 - last edited 2022-07-26 16:25:40

@toac Hi there, for those following this issue. I did a full reboot of the OC200 and all four LTE modems, and this problem has resolved itself. Been working solid for about a week.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 6

Related Articles