Is it possible to adopt devices if I host my Controller on cloud like DigitalOcean?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is it possible to adopt devices if I host my Controller on cloud like DigitalOcean?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-23 15:12:44
Model: AP200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Pretty much the title.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Is it possible to adopt devices if I host my Controller on cloud like DigitalOcean?
2022-07-23 22:45:46

@bontokiz One way is to use the Discover Utility

It is covered in Chapter 3 of the Controller User Guide.

Options
Re:Is it possible to adopt devices if I host my Controller on cloud like DigitalOcean?
2022-07-25 06:12:43

@Alex789 

Thank you. I was able to adopt my AP into my controller hosted in DigitalOcean.

Last question if you may, because honestly I'm struggling and I am not even sure if its possible.

Do external RADIUS server needs to be in the same network of the Access Points? Because I installed FreeRadius along with Omada Controller on the same VM droplet. I can successfully test local authentication (within the same network the controller and RADIUS server) but I am not able to authenticate from any access points which are not on the same network.

Options
2022-07-25 13:36:00

@bontokiz I think the problem is on the authentication process, it seems that although we have Controller, the EAP still send authenticate request to the RADIUS server directly, not go through the controller only. So if your EAP cannot communicate with the RADIUS server, it won't work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 331

Replies: 3